Sign in to follow this  
Guest Countryboyo

Need To catch a male rabbit for breeding

Guest Countryboyo
In a couple of seasons you may be looking for some myxied rabbits to put on the land to keep the numbers down.

I wont. theres too many foxes around for the rabbit population ever to explode that much.

Why are there no rabbits on the land in the first place , poaching ,myxi to much vermin issues like this need looked at first and the rabbits should come back naturally

Guest Countryboyo
Why are there no rabbits on the land in the first place , poaching ,myxi to much vermin issues like this need looked at first and the rabbits should come back naturally

Over ferreting. My county in general is f****d when it comes to rabbits they are in small pockets but nothing like years gon by. The land i am releasing on always had rabbits but the farmer let too many lads on his land with guns and ferrets. but now im the only lad with permission

What you want to remember is: If there isnt any rabbits in your area its usually for a reason.....

Guest Countryboyo
What you want to remember is: If there isnt any rabbits in your area its usually for a reason.....

Thanks but i know my area better tha any. and the reason is that they were obliterated. That wont happen again

Let's suppose your project gets up and running, you know my thoughts on it so I won't go there again, what happens if in a few years for what ever reason you can't carry on controlling them?

Does your release land have neighbours with sheep or other animals that need the grass on their land?

why dont you let rabbits naturaly find there way to your land and get some permission somwere else

:notworthy:

how do you normally catch them ? couldnt you just modify you ussual method

probably shoots them, so you tend to find they dont want much feeding or sex after that :whistling:

That's Funny Dude!! :notworthy::notworthy: :notworthy:

Its my uncles land he has 1000 acres and He is for the Idea of bringing back the rabbits. there are no rabbits at all in my area in general so i just want a bit of sport for my terrier to flush and I am getting a whippet in the summer. I will keep the numbers under control hopefully with the whippet and if I cant keep up with the multiplying I have friends in the gun club. cheers lads.

if there arent rabbits there dont put them there. They are a non indigenious creature that has already f**k up alot of places in this cuntry. Think about the land not just getting bunnies. Ask a farmer down the road shore he will be more than happy for you to try and get rid of his cheers snatch

Guest Countryboyo
Its my uncles land he has 1000 acres and He is for the Idea of bringing back the rabbits. there are no rabbits at all in my area in general so i just want a bit of sport for my terrier to flush and I am getting a whippet in the summer. I will keep the numbers under control hopefully with the whippet and if I cant keep up with the multiplying I have friends in the gun club. cheers lads.

if there arent rabbits there dont put them there. They are a non indigenious creature that has already f**k up alot of places in this cuntry. Think about the land not just getting bunnies. Ask a farmer down the road shore he will be more than happy for you to try and get rid of his cheers snatch

Thanks for your help lads

we did ithis on a 10meter SQ island didnt work tho, drought dryed water up faster than thay could dig a burrow,+ i thin hawks took hem hahaha

In a couple of seasons you may be looking for some myxied rabbits to put on the land to keep the numbers down.

I wont. theres too many foxes around for the rabbit population ever to explode that much.

if theres that many foxes why not buy a lamp and rifle,have your sport shooting foxes