Need To catch a male rabbit for breeding

Guest Countryboyo

whats the metter with catching rabbits and letting them go? i did it last year went away ferreted a load and dropped them local soon saw the numbers build up through the summer months but now gone straight back down now myxy has hit us but its definetly a good idea

I wish someone would come up with a cure for mixy,

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lurcherboy2008
whats the metter with catching rabbits and letting them go? i did it last year went away ferreted a load and dropped them local soon saw the numbers build up through the summer months but now gone straight back down now myxy has hit us but its definetly a good idea

and me i do alot of bushing i know for all the rabbit holes near me i leave them be i just use local rabbits for getting terrier pups going

and me i do alot of bushing i know for all the rabbit holes near me i leave them be i just use local rabbits for getting terrier pups going

There were loads of rabbits around me 2 seasons ago, absolutely naff all now. Where you from in wales?

Guest lurcherboy2008

There were loads of rabbits around me 2 seasons ago, absolutely naff all now. Where you from in wales?

the worse place in wales (the velleys) you?

the worse place in wales (the velleys) you?

Blaenafon, Near abergavenny and pontypool

no offence mate, but as a farmer, i dont see why you would want to release and breed wild rabbits, unless it is sport. In this financial climate the rabbits are costing the farmers alot of money on crop and land damage etc. But each to thier own, and yes you could do that with a longnet, or just ask a local ferreter

No offence to you mate either but you are not a farmer you are still at school, i can actually see the point for breeding some rabbits for a bit of sport if he say only puts down 20 say and leaves them for a season and the farmer allows him to then there no reason why he shouldnt

Guest Countryboyo
no offence mate, but as a farmer, i dont see why you would want to release and breed wild rabbits, unless it is sport. In this financial climate the rabbits are costing the farmers alot of money on crop and land damage etc. But each to thier own, and yes you could do that with a longnet, or just ask a local ferreter

No offence to you mate either but you are not a farmer you are still at school, i can actually see the point for breeding some rabbits for a bit of sport if he say only puts down 20 say and leaves them for a season and the farmer allows him to then there no reason why he shouldnt

Thanks lad. I just want to make it clear that my intention is not to upset farmers or explode the rabbit population. Its just in the name of a bit of sport. If you are interested in doing this yourselves or are just interested to know how i will go about it then look at my topic in the gamekeeping and conservation section. I have done a poll in the running dog section and over 50% of people voted that they would give this project a go themselves.

Its my uncles land he has 1000 acres and He is for the Idea of bringing back the rabbits. there are no rabbits at all in my area in general so i just want a bit of sport for my terrier to flush and I am getting a whippet in the summer. I will keep the numbers under control hopefully with the whippet and if I cant keep up with the multiplying I have friends in the gun club. cheers lads.

mate, rabbits survive as it is and on a 1000 acre farm, next summer the rabbits will be imense. You will find it real hard to keep the numbers down unless you put yourself into the job like a pestcontroller.

:feck: i have grown up on a farm, and would call myself it as i put alot of time into working on different farms, and will always know alot more than kids like you. It is known that rabbits are uncontrollable and should deffinately be bred and released, and if this farmer is happy and wanting someone to release rabbits, then hes a fecking idiot as if he ever new what damage they can do, he would shit his pants !

:feck: i have grown up on a farm, and would call myself it as i put alot of time into working on different farms, and will always know alot more than kids like you. It is known that rabbits are uncontrollable and should deffinately be bred and released, and if this farmer is happy and wanting someone to release rabbits, then hes a fecking idiot as if he ever new what damage they can do, he would shit his pants !

Kid like me :laugh: ur wee boy ffs away n play wai yer wee tadger

Guest Countryboyo

You have no sense yet little boy. write back in a few years ;)

Guest thetruth

christ knows why you would want to breed them ? if you really want to do that just wait until spring and let a couple of pregnant doe's go .

are you saying there is not one rabbit on that amount of land ? i take it you are a kid and i think you may upset neighbouring famers / landowners and get yourself in a load of shit.

you are the one with no sense, as you are talking about breeding wild rabbits they are called wild rabbits for a reason (they are not bred by human) and also, even if your farm you are breeding onto has 1000 acres, it will still be joining onto someone elses land, which means you are giving another poor farmer vermin no farmer with any sense would want vermin, and most farmers I know would be round the house of the person responsible to tell them what they think... so :feck:

you are the one with no sense, as you are talking about breeding wild rabbits they are called wild rabbits for a reason (they are not bred by human) and also, even if your farm you are breeding onto has 1000 acres, it will still be joining onto someone elses land, which means you are giving another poor farmer vermin no farmer with any sense would want vermin, and most farmers I know would be round the house of the person responsible to tell them what they think... so :feck:

Well up here some farmers i know have said i can if i can get some bunnies to put down on there land for some sport as i have done them some favours like shooting feral pigeons out of barns etc so :feck:

Guest Countryboyo
christ knows why you would want to breed them ? if you really want to do that just wait until spring and let a couple of pregnant doe's go .

are you saying there is not one rabbit on that amount of land ? i take it you are a kid and i think you may upset neighbouring famers / landowners and get yourself in a load of shit.

:clapper: I wish i was still a kid buddy when it comes to bills and mortgages. But dont worry lads It will not get out of control at all, the idea of letting them go is that i will get to enjoy thinning the herd from time to time. and by the way many people in the past have done this and it has worked out very well for them. ;)