deerhound pups for sale

Well its about f***in time you put em up,lol.jaysus theyre after changing shane,bloody beauts they are.The serious hare/foxing men should consider these.Youve certainly not spared anything on the rearing of the little beauties.Well KYE what ye think now of one of these sitting in yer porch while ye draw on yer baccy and rock yer chair to the sound of the blue grass on the tranny,lol :clapper:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my mate has no computer access and has a litter of pure,papered working deerhounds,now theres 3 left for sale.Last Friday the mother of the pups took a fox in fine style and yesterday she took a hare

Here's some pics of sire , dam and pups

Posted Images

NBK,if you stayed off the drink for 2 weekends,no nightclubs,no mcdonalds shit food after that i reckon you'd have well most of the price of a pup.then youd have the next 10 years of your life killing anything you put the pup on.THEY ARE VERY REASONABLE FOR SUCH GOOD STOCK.Go on you know you want to,lol. :clapper:

me stay of the drink in your dreams jigsaw...haha

but not even on the drink lately few at home is all .if i had a wage i be sorted but unemployed now unfortunately i have a pair of wheaton hound pups ready in january for half the price so i think ill go with that if work pick up again and theres one still there (which i doubt) i might make an investment

Edited by nbk
Guest oldskool

just curious... what age do ye reckon they will mature at?? are they early starters to fox etc??

its not the same i know but i had a collie/grey x deerhound/grey and i found i wait to wait along time... if i remember rightly he was quite a bit over 2 before he got into the swing of things

JigSaw and Shane, you can BOTH go to hell!...lmao,..i would LOVE one of them pups!...one things for sure, it wouldnt be sat on the porch, it would be to busy working!..lol.

I have a male Staghound (Blister) and he is VERY much the type that has thrown to the old Deerhound...he does resemble one, but he acts like one as well...my bitch is REALY like the old Deerhound, although she is minus a tail from work...she is like a missle on game.

They are such great, noble kinda dogs, a suprisingly strong and determined on toothed game as well!...what i like about them the most, is the complete ability to 'turn it off or on'...they can be laid in the yard, surrounded buy stock, chewing on a bone, then see a yote in the front field, and they are off after there NATURAL enemy!...cor, would be great to have one over here and see it run and tackle large (compared to UK standards), dangerous game like coyotes, bobcats etc...good, solid, original Deerhounds!...i LOVE 'em!

Jay...

oldskool,i think your right there,thet take a little bit longer to mature and get mentally ready for hunting,i'll get Shane to tell ye better.But when theyre ready theyre READY :victory: Kye thats what i was gobsmacked about too,we walked the hill near Shanes home and they rambeled about but then a hare rose from its seat,what a transformation.Focused and determined no matter what obstacles get in the way.They ran on real rough ground and I was flinching everytime they ran on the rock jutting from the hill.I was expecting to see broken toes but no way,amazing animals and just as good on flat fields.They just need a little room to get in to their prey,when they do its bloody exciting.

iv been lucky enough to own a deerhound unfortunatly situations didnt suit and she was moved on she was an amazing animal hard to understand not like your typical hound as far as iv been told you dont train a deerhound you can try and try to no avail and one day they just take of on there own accord and do there job unlike your greyhound or whippet the get faster as they move gain more pace they can run for ever as can there quary. my grandad a highly experienced dog man has told me storys of when he would atend clonmel excuse the spelling and i know without any guidance a man whose dogs go some where in souch a cup are of high class as would i expect the rest of his dogs . as for these pups shunt test etc ?? 500 euro for a dog you will pay £1000 for here ? p

I will get 'His Wife' to put some pics up of my Blister dog...NEVER looked at stock, and he did take a while to get good on toothed critters, but now he is ON them, and deals with them in a manner that makes it look easy, when bigger, stronger dogs just hack away at the job, taking punishment etc..lol.

He is so LOYAL!,...that dog would die for me, and to be honest, the older he is getting, the better the bugger is!...he is like a fine Wine!..lol.

Like i said, i REALY like the dog, and it would be cool to get a REAL deerhound for him to go over, and continue a line of handy dogs, that are all sighthound...

Long live the REAL Deerhound!... :notworthy:

Kye..

Hija guys,

in some show dogs ( probably introduced through other breeds into the deerhound ) livershunt or porto systemic shunt seems to occur more often - this can happen in all breeds of dogs though it seems to happen in some breeds more often than others. To put it simply: while the pups are in the womb their mother's liver cleans their blood and their own liver has time to develop and is bypassed by a big bloodvessel which will close at birth. If this shunt doesn't close at birth the pups develop properly as long as they are suckling but as soon as they are on solids their liver can't cope with the strain and they might be very weak - especially after a feed of high protein food ( red meat ). And then the pup will eventually die. If all pups in the litter develop the same and none of them is the really lazy one and doesn't come out to play especially after a good feed of meat then you should be ok, but to be on the safe side your vet can always do a test of bile acids in the bloodstream and that will give you certainty. But if you have a very active, properly developed pup at 10 or 12 weeks the chances are minute that it has liver shunt. And to top that : we are breeding coursing and show deerhounds for nearly 10 years in Ireland and I have not seen one case of it yet.

After seeing Shanes pups this weekend i can't imagine them having it.

Good hunting!!!

Lovely babies Shane!!!!