Fox....22LR.....FAC

Lets get this out of the way right up front....I am a "Professional" and run a lot of different tools and have an Open certificate...a .22LR is NOT my first choice fox rifle but it most certainly has a place and gets used very effectively for this purpose as required. My FAC specifically states FOX next to my .22LR...etc etc!!!

There has been, and will continue to be a lot of debate as to wether FOX comes under the heading Vermin (until someone screws up or simply has the balls to challenge the definition in the courts)!!!

SO....Question>>>>>>

DO you have FOX specifically listed against your .22LR on your FAC (NOT VERMIN)????

....I am curious to find out just how rare this is as I understand a lot of regions will not entertain .22LR fox!!

Cheers

Edited by Deker

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My feo would not allow fox for 22lr except dispatch of cage trapped or snared, even though I'm pro. As I understand it, if it's not specifically on your licence, shooting one contravines the conditions of your licence and you may lose your FAC. This also goes for ducks, pheasant etc (i.e not ground game and vermin)

However, at a seminar recently, I raised this issue with an expert in this field and he told me that "There is NO legal minimum calibre for fox" ....... that said, if you shot one with an air rifle you would likely be prosecuted under animal welfare laws.

Leicestershire force will not condition ANY rimfire for fox as I was cosidering adding a WMR barrel to my Quad, they will only allow "downwards" capability rather than upwards with regard to HO guidelines. So they'd allow vermin for CF and will condition a .22 hornet for vermin, ground game and fox.

My brother frequently shoots with me in leicester, his ticket is issued by Devon and Cornwall. His rimmies are conditioned vermin, ground game and fox. So you can guess who takes the shot when he's with me. :whistling:

EDIT: I have a recently opened ticket for air, LR and HMR, the Hornet would only be issued as a semi open at first.

Edited by some bloke
  • 3 weeks later...

my ticket states

the 22rf 17hmr 223 rifle and ammunition shall be used for shooting vermin/fox/ground game and for zeroing on ranges or land over which the holder has lawfull authority to shoot

as i see this is that i can shoot a fox with any calaber rifle i have and this is an open ticket is this correct as i aplleyed for an open ticket

derbyshire constabulary issue my ticket

What my ticket says .22 air rifle and .22 rifle and the ammunition shall be used for shooting vermin and zeroing on range or land over which the older has lawful authority to shoot ..The 223 rifle and the ammunition shall be used fox and other medium quarry and zeroing on ranges and land over which the older has lawful authority to shoot .. What do they mean by medium quarry..

W.D

What my ticket says .22 air rifle and .22 rifle and the ammunition shall be used for shooting vermin and zeroing on range or land over which the older has lawful authority to shoot ..The 223 rifle and the ammunition shall be used fox and other medium quarry and zeroing on ranges and land over which the older has lawful authority to shoot .. What do they mean by medium quarry..

W.D

i think that means rabbits keith. i was thinking it may be deer but then if it was it would more then likely say deer.

glad you got the open ticket mate :D