any south west wales hunters in the house?

llyr21

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any of you guys ever go fishing in port talbot docks? i hear its quite good for pike and the like. couldnt find it mind u when i went for a look :(

nah, i dont bother fishing, you get fed up of catching dogfish, and all the fish seam to have three eye's? real strange...

hahah. ive had the fishing bug since i was 6 and it aint going anywhere soon lol. guess thats where i got my interest in hunting from

any of you guys ever go fishing in port talbot docks? i hear its quite good for pike and the like. couldnt find it mind u when i went for a look :(

nah, i dont bother fishing, you get fed up of catching dogfish, and all the fish seam to have three eye's? real strange...

hahah. ive had the fishing bug since i was 6 and it aint going anywhere soon lol. guess thats where i got my interest in hunting from

mine went many years ago!!!.. i just cant get my head around it anymore!.. i think its because i work so much and i feel that if im sitting down for hours with a rod in my hand then im wasting my time and could be doing something with the land or something

anyone fancy showing me how its done ? ;) . luckily i have a few mates from llandeilo and there are loads of rabbits that way,lots of woodpigeon and squizzers too. so il be out there soon to ask for permission! joining my local golf club again too improve my game ( and improve my chances of getting permission there) :D .

told you before mate, come down once this b astard moons gone and we'll go for a shot or a walk with the lurchers

Mark if that offer is open to others, any chance you could take me out for a wander around?

The permissions I have, have virtually no rabbit and the crows are wise to me. I seem to be able to get close to the rabbit, but miss them more than I like.

I'm from Puntyclun area so about 30 minutes away from you.

You're not kidding about the moon, I was up at 4am and it was as bright as day!

I went for a mooch earlier but decided to pack it in as the clouds went away and the grass was starting to frost up (making too much noise!).

I find you can never have a conversation with a Carp fisherman without falling asleep around here :lazy: :lazy:

unfortunately i am a carp fisherman, but i do all types of fishing too. i must admit i havent done much fishing this year and when i look back im starting to wonder what i ever saw in carp fishing. just seems so boring nowadays. one benefit though is you do see alot of wildlife.

I can't see Port Talbot from here some days :icon_eek: In it's own little world of low cloud :angel:

I bet you can still smell the fecking place though... :whistling::clapper::laugh:

well, just think, if it wasn't for this 'place' there would be another 10,000 people unemployed.... so regardless of the 'smell' port talbot has made alot of people rich, and you'd be suprised the amount of people who work at port talbot who are from around your way....

come on now guys lets not start taking the mick out of port talbot, so what do you guys think bout my idea to feed the rabbits with sex drive enhancers? ;)

yeah i think its a good idea! in a few weeks im gonna start digging some warrens, then try and introduce some rabbits onto my land, give it a few montha and i should be able to start shooting my own rabbits on my own land

I can't see Port Talbot from here some days :icon_eek: In it's own little world of low cloud :angel:

I bet you can still smell the fecking place though... :whistling::clapper::laugh:

well, just think, if it wasn't for this 'place' there would be another 10,000 people unemployed.... so regardless of the 'smell' port talbot has made alot of people rich, and you'd be suprised the amount of people who work at port talbot who are from around your way....

Touchy fecking locals too.... :laugh:

I was only having a laugh matey, but you must admit, to folk such as myself, Port Talbot is that section on the motorway where you have to wind the windows up when you go past, no matter how hot it is... :laugh:

Another true story, a girl I was with once asked me to 'kiss her where it smells!'

So I took her to Port Talbot.. :whistling::laugh:

Touchy fecking locals too.... :laugh:

I was only having a laugh matey, but you must admit, to folk such as myself, Port Talbot is that section on the motorway where you have to wind the windows up when you go past, no matter how hot it is... :laugh:

Another true story, a girl I was with once asked me to 'kiss her where it smells!'

So I took her to Port Talbot.. :whistling::laugh:

maybe so, but the next time you have to 'wind your windows up' take two minutes to think about the jobs that port talbot creates, if corus port talbot wasn't there would you still have your job??? as there would be 10,000 other people dying to have it, all of from port talbot knows its a smelly hole, but i like it, it keeps people living..

maybe so, but the next time you have to 'wind your windows up' take two minutes to think about the jobs that port talbot creates, if corus port talbot wasn't there would you still have your job??? as there would be 10,000 other people dying to have it, all of from port talbot knows its a smelly hole, but i like it, it keeps people living..

I live in the biggest tourist spot in Wales. Along with that, we have god knows how many thousand jobs in the refineries, LNG terminals, and soon to be two new power stations here.

I don't work for Corus, and if Corus wasn't there, yes I'd still have a job, as would 99% opf the people that I know.

I'm not knocking your town, just trying to have a laugh. I don't know why you keep banging on about all the jobs in Port Talbot though, it might be a big employer in your area, but it's not the be all & end all that you keep bigging it up to be.

Anyway, if I have offended you I apologise, but I was only trying to have a light hearted bit of banter with you, the same as I've had with other folk from Port Talbot in the past.