• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't slap a pup that young in the hooter, and I bet you cracking it is exactly why it shits itself every time you go near it.

When I house train my dogs I just grabbed a hold of them by the scruff when they pissed in the house, show them the mess they made and let a few roars out and sling the dog outside, they soon know they're doing wrong. Every time I let a pup outside and they take a piss or have a shit where they were meant too, I give them a fuss and tell them good boy and all that business.

It doesn't take long before they get the gist of where they are meant to be dropping the kids off and that. It is a simple thing to do, if you do it right.

I will also say that I'm not against serving dogs a little bit of corporal punishment if they play up, but a pup that young doesn't need knocking about for messing in the house, IMO.

hi lads can anyone help ? i got a patterdale terrier pup not long since it wo 15 week old it seemed ok normal little terrier it pissed in the house so i gave it a crack on its nose and put it out . trying to house train it abit but since then its become very timmid it wee s when you pick it up or if you have to go get it and seems scaired ... does any one no if it will grow out of it or should i get rid and get another it is half nuttall and half weeler can anyone help ... cheers lads and keep digging

I was given a very timid 2yo patterdale bitch froma terrier man. Took me 6months to get her to prise her tail from between her legs and wagg it. Used to go near her and she'd cower and pee herself and constantly sulk around ever. Had no confidence in working...now she's a demon. 100 miles per hour, tail bolt upright all the time and no more submissiveness. If she ever does anything wrong all I need is my voice to tell her off. I know how frustrating it can be when terriers are bad but they are generally very sensative dogs and 9/10 times your voice is all you need. Hope your pup comes round. If the red mist decends just remember to count to 10!

I was given a very timid 2yo patterdale bitch froma terrier man.

Dont take this the wrong way, but you most likely got given it because it was useless...........I have a black dog here and that was a fairly quiet pup, verging in timid...........to be honest with you, its fecking useless as well!

With folk passing these type of dogs on, dogs with real fire in there belly will become harder and harder to find.

no cracks on pups, go out more often with him or keep it in a kennel.

their are smart and inteligent and if well bred by their mothers they will be nice, happy and clean pups.

you must show the pup the rotine, the same old schedule for making the piss and the shit at proper time. rubbing pups nose in the piss is no use mate.

best regards

I was given a very timid 2yo patterdale bitch froma terrier man.

Dont take this the wrong way, but you most likely got given it because it was useless...........I have a black dog here and that was a fairly quiet pup, verging in timid...........to be honest with you, its fecking useless as well!

With folk passing these type of dogs on, dogs with real fire in there belly will become harder and harder to find.

A. I didn't ask your opinion. Merely stating a fact.

B. It wasn't cause she didn't work, it was because she was noisy to kennel and he lost his temper with her

and C. I did actually have to do something in return for her

f**k mate, you dont crack a pup! he/she doesnt know its doing wrong... your ment to have patience with pups mate.

i recently got a cracken little lakiexrussell pup, hes coming upto 14wks old now, used to piss and shit where ever he pleased! but all i did was keep calm and pick him up by the scruff take him over to where he did it and show him and say NO then take him to where i had the paper on the floor and put him on it..

he is a little headbanger doesnt know the meaning of fear and does everthing full throttle, still has his moments pissing here and there at the odd times, but id rather him be upfront and game and pissing in the house than pissing and shitting himself everytime i went near him.. sounds like youve only made things worse by cracken him one in the nose mate.. when i first started toilet training mine it was a pain, back and forward every 5 minutes to the kichen for the mop/forwards and backs like 30-40 times it felt like in a day, but youve just got to stick to your guns and have patience.. you shouldnt even have bought a pup if you didnt expect it to piss and shit everywhere, its not the pups fault its yours for not putting the effort in. best of luck with the pat.hope you get him sorted