hi lads can anyone help ? i got a patterdale terrier pup not long since it wo 15 week old it seemed ok normal little terrier it pissed in the house so i gave it a crack on its nose and put it out . trying to house train it abit but since then its become very timmid it wee s when you pick it up or if you have to go get it and seems scaired ... does any one no if it will grow out of it or should i get rid and get another it is half nuttall and half weeler can anyone help ... cheers lads and keep digging

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi lads can anyone help ? i got a patterdale terrier pup not long since it wo 15 week old it seemed ok normal little terrier it pissed in the house so i gave it a crack on its nose and put it out . trying to house train it abit but since then its become very timmid it wee s when you pick it up or if you have to go get it and seems scaired ... does any one no if it will grow out of it or should i get rid and get another it is half nuttall and half weeler can anyone help ... cheers lads and keep digging

mine was like that aswel shouid grow out of it... mine did

Terriers are a confidence dog, work slow with the little one, I have one line of dogs I can't even yell at or they become no good for the rest of their lives from what I was told by a older man in the line, you have to discpline in a very lady like manner to get them to understand some of them and others can take the punishment with no prob, even though these dogs are rough, they are babies on the inside because they worship their masters so much, I have a friends that are heavy into patterdales and some of them don't come around to full terrier status until a year old, booth lines but when they do watch out. Some just mature later mentally, I have one dog that 2 years old still hasn't matured mentally but he is coming around fine then had others from a different but similar cross that are ready at 6 months. Take your time brother.

dont crack the dog mate, think of it being a little child, when it does wrong use a firm voice saying NO, and when it does right praise it for doing good, that goes a long way for a pup, keep putting the pup outside and stay with it until it pee's and give it plenty praise. pups tend to need to pee at least every hour or so. So should keep you busy.

It is easy to get a bit aggrivated with dogs doing wrong but thats all part off owning them. eventually they will tell you what they want and when they want it.

BE PATIENT

John

dont crack the dog mate, think of it being a little child, when it does wrong use a firm voice saying NO, and when it does right praise it for doing good, that goes a long way for a pup, keep putting the pup outside and stay with it until it pee's and give it plenty praise. pups tend to need to pee at least every hour or so. So should keep you busy.

It is easy to get a bit aggrivated with dogs doing wrong but thats all part off owning them. eventually they will tell you what they want and when they want it.

BE PATIENT

John

Bit too late for that now don't u think . it's pissin allover and lookin scared when he goes near it. well done mate :blink:

If the pup is still young just build its confidence back up by playing with it get on floor so you are at its level and let it climbed over you its confidence will soon come back and it will stop pissin when you go near it if it is older now you may now have a timed dog for life

There's no need to crack a pup for anything, no wonder it's timid. 'Shall i get rid and get another' You hav'nt got a clue mate.

[bANNED TEXT] the fxxxk are you doing cracking a 15 week old pup strange new surroundings just getting use to you very clever :angry::angry:

Totally agree

:nono:

You need to get on the floor and get some serious playing done with that dog until it trusts you again :angry: .