New working breed

ok ok ok forgive my ignorance here but whats the difference?????

guy keeps remiding everyone these are" labringers" = labrador x springer.....????? am i right in this???

but guy keeps saying they are NOT "sprinagadors" = springer x labrador.....????? again am i right??

if so...whats the bloody difference???? i need this explained to me

also as pointed out umpteen times........"no idea what they will be like in the field" so not bred for field so for what??? show???

alot of this n that then totally contradicts himself.....mmmm

mongrel.....cross...... granted could still end up with a cracking working mongrel..oops sorry....cracking working cross!

doesnt mean its shite coz its not pedigree or pure strain...

:(

sauer

Edited by sauer

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guy keeps remiding everyone these are" labringers" = labrador x springer.....????? am i right in this???

but guy keeps saying they are NOT "sprinagadors" = springer x labrador.....????? again am i right??

also as pointed out umpteen times........"no idea what they will be like in the field" so not bred for field so for what??? show???

mongrel.....cross...... granted could still end up with a cracking working mongrel..oops sorry....cracking working cross!

sauer

not being aware of a bobtail gene in either of these breeds, im incredibly curious as to where its come from to enable this gene to be continued.....and along the same sort of lines....as its perfectly legal to have a working gundog puppy docked, I fail to see the point in this experiment!

sauer

1. Guy is Gal

2. The breed is my friends, she called them Labringers 20yrs ago. How would you like people to call your children by another name?

3. The Sprinadors I've actually seen all look more like labs and all have been fantastic workers.

These look more like spaniels with short tails.... not been tested in field yet coz I have only had them with me for 10wks. Since my friends accident. But equally you buy/sell a pedigree (which was origenally a cross bred) in the hope it will work. You have NO guarentee of this.

4. I have not contradicted myself. I truely believe they will make good beating dogs. The short tail is a bonus for this line of work.

5. I have at all times tried to be honest. I can not answer all the questions and as my friend is unconcious she can't help me on this at the moment. But as soon as she is able i will willingly get all these legitamate questions answered. I wont bother with the petty nit picking ones.

At the end of the day what will be will be. Labs have got serious health issues through the breeding so I don't think I will listen to any Lab breeders thanks. Springers don't need hips scoring at the moment but we get all ours done as a matter of course, so we do try to breed from good stock. Hopefully by doing this they wont end up in the same problem as the Labs. No offence intended.

Oh dear.....If I was you wattiez I would stop now with the comments....you are not getting anywhere with this apart from starting to dig a very big hole. The more you post the more you are showing ignorance to the training of gundogs and breeding....

They will make very good beating dogs??? what qualifies you to make this comment..how many dogs have you trained to a high standard

From what I understand you have a Labringer litter off your freind at the moment...a litter of Labringers of your own and a litter of ESS of your own as well.....and from your web site their have been quite a few litters this year.....are you a licensed breeder?? me thinks not..

Their are some fairly well known trainers// breeders on here who have been at it a great deal longer than yourself who have earned respect in the gundog world..and who's word means something..so LISTEN to what is being said..

It does not take much searching on google to look in to your dogs//history and number of litters..you claim that all your dogs work...(becarefull on this one if you answer it) and yet on another website..you say that the bitch that has pups is a pet??? are they docked???

The Labringer that your freind has been breeding for 20 years ..even if your claim for short tails is correct then they still do not bring anything to the shooting feild..as they have been bred for 20 years with no idea of their working capacity....I have a patterdale terrier/border who I can take beating..hes not a gundog..he does the job of one...but he is NOT one..would I cross him with a springer because he works well??? NO I would not..whats the point

I don't think anyone is sour.......JUST very annoyed that you are doing this....without a clue what the dogs will actually be like??

2. The breed is my friends, she called them Labringers 20yrs ago. How would you like people to call your children by another name?

4. I have not contradicted myself. I truely believe they will make good beating dogs. The short tail is a bonus for this line of work.

how would i like people to call my children by a different name???? what the !!!!!!???????

we are talking a breed of dog here not a specific childs name!!!! springador or labringers!!!! does your friend have the patent or right o whatever you call it to stop other people calling a breed for what it is????

as for point 4 i have not contradicted myself????!!!!!! read your own posts sir!!! and the others who have kindly pointed out your contradictions also!!

Been reading this post with utter disbelief and disgust

you have never stoped to think of the dogs health at any time now or in the future you are constantly contradicting your self the only thing that you have been consistant on is your friends health well I'm sorry bowt that but what has that go to do with breeding mongrels ah dont bother answering that because you will say you dont know anything and you will have to ask your friend when they come out of hospital !

People like yourself should never be allowed to breed dogs let alone keep them. your website is full of dogs needing rehomed " due to unfortuate circumstances" I personally think that it is people like yourself that gives these dogs "unfortunate circumstances"

You dont seem to know the first thing about gundog's let alone training one

I think your best bet would be to stick to selling your other products and LEAVE dogs well alone

PUPPY FARMING and DERANGED, GREEDY, SCAMMERS springs to mind

whats the point? you can get working dogs docked legitimately and that is not likely to change

Where is the bobtail gene from? - the only breeding I saw that replicated this involved corgi x's? It certainly isnt from springer or lab so there is something you are not telling us.

Waste of time, stop breeding these dogs, they are not adding anything to whats already out there, it isnt fair on the dogs, they will probably end up in pet homes, if they are lucky, cos they dont offer much to anyone wanting to work them - there are too many mongrels and puebreds ending up in the pounds as it is.

I think it's umbelievable that in all, of this 20 years of development of the so called breed of your friends that none have been trained as a gun dog ?.

So it must have either been a accidental mating or was it just to create a new fashionable show type purely for the money.

I think you should hand this project back to the men as it was clearly going no where when they were in charge :clapper::angry:

think this thread should be locked, she has had too much of an "advert" already

This is her husband and ive been training dogs to feild trail standards for a number of years and a an excellant reputation for breeding top gun dogs

this breed has come to us to refine the breed and to reg the breed with the kennel club useing my experanice I have shooting deer and game for 30 yrs

and a lot of people who know very little has an point to make no the breed has not got corgi in it you only have to see that and the britt has a docked tail my dogs go all over the world as do I and already have a lot of people who want one

This is her husband and ive been training dogs to feild trail standards for a number of years and a an excellant reputation for breeding top gun dogs

this breed has come to us to refine the breed and to reg the breed with the kennel club useing my experanice I have shooting deer and game for 30 yrs

and a lot of people who know very little has an point to make no the breed has not got corgi in it you only have to see that and the britt has a docked tail my dogs go all over the world as do I and already have a lot of people who want one

Best wind up I've seen on here in ages, well done Wattiez. :clapper::clapper::clapper:

refine and reg with KC WHY??? why do we need this breed, docking is no problem with working dogs

Your just having a laugh....you've contradicted yourself AGAIN.....and full of it...63 days is the length of a pregnancy........your mate has been out of it for 12 weeks?? does she know your breeding from her dogs??? if you are breeding pure breed labringers........WHY have you used a spaniel??? surely you would breed labringer to labringer???

Dear Mr Wattiez.....Never heard of you...had a look at your picture on the web site..and sent it to some of the trainers I know....never seen you or heard of you....You do not mention at all on your web site your trailling expereince or reputation.......just that you go beating??? If IF...you have the expereince you say you have ...then you would NOT be making these claims...because you would know better....or are you smoking the stuff you sell??

Perhaps we should all just call the local authority and let them know whats going on???after all I take it you are not a Licensed breeder??