shooting over the terriers

well Foxhunter wanted to have a day out with the terriers for a few rabbits :good: an excellent time to let the terriers have a hunt as they really love these rushy moor fells i had blaze and lucy my two, and Foxy had his young border dog sam to follow mine and so have some experiance at pushing the cover out and some drystone walling :good:

the terriers moved some rabbits which Foxy took with some good shooting he even managed a couple of grouse ;)

DSCF0222-1.jpg

DSCF0224.jpg

some good flushing in the bracken

DSCF0219-1.jpg

DSCF0220-1.jpg

DSCF0221.jpg

it was cold up there this morning

DSCF0218-1.jpg

two good shots produced these :D

DSCF0223.jpg

Foxhunter has some more pictures to add later.

we had a good few from the walls with some good marking

we had eighteen rabbits along one stretch of wall :yes:

as well as the dogs pegging a few in the rushes and we ended the day on thirty nine rabbits pictures will be added later by Foxy all in alll a great days sport over the dogs :good:

Cheers Woodga , we had a cracking days sport combining shooting , terriers and dry stone walling with the spike :clapper:

The pup taking a little bit more interest ................

post-29-1228910502.jpg

We worked a dry stone wall with the terriers marking and it was very productive , even managed to get the black one that we'd seen previuosly out in the field.

post-29-1228910598.jpg

Me with both hands stuck in the wall , I had a rabbit in each hand and couldnt move , Woodga nearly wet himself laughing ..........

post-29-1228910447.jpg

End of day pic after a very successful and enjoyable days rabbitting , cheers Col we must have another go sometime as I havent enjoyed myself so much in ages !!!! :notworthy:

post-29-1228910683.jpg

Edited by FOXHUNTER
useing a side by side :thumbdown: i hate them things :D give me a auto or a o/u any day ..you did well to shoot what you did id say :thumbs:

Give me a side by side anyday , Ive had one for 20 odd years now so not going to change. I like the traditional style , o/u always look like they just belong on the clay ground.

Shot well with my sbs , missed nothing all day !! :clapper:

• 4 weeks later...