I grew up reading plummer books and enjoyed them , but when i was about 18 ish use to do a lot of hunting up caithness with a chap up there, my mate went to bye a pig off plummer , my mate knew plummer well , what a asshole of a bloke, the dogs where kept in shit state (he was breeding white german sherpards at time),all he was interested in was what hunting we had done and wrote it all down my mate said later that ,that will be in a book now but with him doing it, may be he was a good bloke but my personal view of him from meeting him was a self centred asshole of a bloke.

You don’t really expect me to believe that Janet & John tale do you. What utter nonsense

belive what you want mate i dont really care but im not like your mate full of shit

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew up reading plummer books and enjoyed them , but when i was about 18 ish use to do a lot of hunting up caithness with a chap up there, my mate went to bye a pig off plummer , my mate knew plummer well , what a asshole of a bloke, the dogs where kept in shit state (he was breeding white german sherpards at time),all he was interested in was what hunting we had done and wrote it all down my mate said later that ,that will be in a book now but with him doing it, may be he was a good bloke but my personal view of him from meeting him was a self centred asshole of a bloke.

what year was it?

what year was it?

The year was 89/90 he had a lady living with him at time who he spoke to like shit, the bloke i went with who bought the pig was Tom riley, who still lives there.

what year was it?

The year was 89/90 he had a lady living with him at time who he spoke to like shit, the bloke i went with who bought the pig was Tom riley, who still lives there.

I have never met him but heard about him. I wouldn't pass comment due to that fact. Still, I remember reading some of his articles in EDRD and thought that there was a bit of "poetic licence" being used. But I wouldn't slate him as I dont know him. Also, if you meet someone once do you know them, or have you met them? perhaps a point worth thinking about.

what year was it?

I have never met him but heard about him. I wouldn't pass comment due to that fact. Still, I remember reading some of his articles in EDRD and thought that there was a bit of "poetic licence" being used. But I wouldn't slate him as I dont know him. Also, if you meet someone once do you know them, or have you met them? perhaps a point worth thinking about.

who said i met him once?

what year was it?

who said i met him once?

My appologies, I assumed.

How well did you know him? just wondered why you would continue to go and see him if you didn't like him?

what year was it?

who said i met him once?

My appologies, I assumed.

How well did you know him? just wondered why you would continue to go and see him if you didn't like him?

i met him half a dozen times and i didnt go and see him our paths crossed i was living in lyth at the time,

Imagine you wrote a couple of books and were well known in the dog world. Imagine you had phone calls from all and sundrie, letters from people you have never met and had people with cars full of dogs turn up at you house unanounced. Would you welcome every single one with open arms? I wouldn't!

Hell he even had someone try to shoot him with a crossbow because of an article he penned on collies! With people challanging you at shows to bum themselves up in front of their mates and having a go at you all the time how would you feel?

Its no wonder he chose his friends wisely. If you were a true friend, you were always welcome. I remember training my plummer terrier pup and for some reason couldn't get her to rag a dead rabbit. I called Bri at 10pm on the Sunday evening and he told me just to bring her over, bearing in mind I was an hours drive away he still invited me over and by the time I left the kennels at Abington Jade was ragging the rabbits like a phsycopath!!

Thats what he was like with his friends. Nothing was too much trouble. As for the people he had no time for, well he really didn't miss them.

I think that alot of the people who are negative about him would think differantly if they actually knew him.

cheers

Stewart

Imagine you wrote a couple of books and were well known in the dog world. Imagine you had phone calls from all and sundrie, letters from people you have never met and had people with cars full of dogs turn up at you house unanounced. Would you welcome every single one with open arms? I wouldn't!

Hell he even had someone try to shoot him with a crossbow because of an article he penned on collies! With people challanging you at shows to bum themselves up in front of their mates and having a go at you all the time how would you feel?

Its no wonder he chose his friends wisely. If you were a true friend, you were always welcome. I remember training my plummer terrier pup and for some reason couldn't get her to rag a dead rabbit. I called Bri at 10pm on the Sunday evening and he told me just to bring her over, bearing in mind I was an hours drive away he still invited me over and by the time I left the kennels at Abington Jade was ragging the rabbits like a phsycopath!!

Thats what he was like with his friends. Nothing was too much trouble. As for the people he had no time for, well he really didn't miss them.

I think that alot of the people who are negative about him would think differantly if they actually knew him.

cheers

Stewart

Not to mention poisoning his dogs, steeling his dog’s abusive phone calls. Threats one his life, one other Known contributor to Shooting News was arrested for hanging around his property in the small hours, being 700 miles from home with no business to be there, after making threats on his life, all because he contradicted him in print, those of you who knew him, no these stories to be true, put up with that for 40 odd years.

People saw this eccentric unconventional character a person to bully and hurt. The world would be a duller place without such characters, the fact that most have heard of him lays testament to that, anyone in the public eye experiences stalkers nutter’s and undesirables, and unfortunately the working dog fraternity has more than its fair share.

Edited by Graham Nicholson

cheers

Stewart

I bet i know you, but just can't picture you mate i got 1 of pippin's pup's and again Brian would'nt take a penny, Raggengill Twinkle she was called. I think most of the scathing and bitchy comment's arise from not knowing the guy or maybe jealousy (not many have a breed named after them) as for when he lived in Caithness being a muddy shithole, it was a pete bog for fook's sake :D

One point that has gone unnoticed in this topic is the people who critisise this man , have read nearly

every one of his books ! if you think someone is that bad or a liar why scrutinise every book they have ever written???

can quote chapter after chapter ... I really and mean really enjoyed tales of a rat hunting man ...an artisian hunter

and the fell terrier they taught me to read !!!! These are the only ones i read but read them that many times i got

a gist of the the fella.... and the critics the usual guys who have tryied to critise other dead men even in this thread who

where very quiet when they where alive are the same moaners who crave a fraction of the respect still given to this much

admired if not contravertial character.....

hi i was a good friend of Brian plummer, sure he was a bit of a storey teller how isn't, one thing i can say about him he new all there was to no about dogs, and any one Ho says otherwise is talking p... and maybe a bit jealous, and i never herd him mis call Norma any time i was about, let the man rest in Peace.