I never knew there was money donated to the miners by plummer or any other author ? it was not common knowledge. Aurthur scargill did steal the money and the miners lost a years pay for nothing :11: the strike was not even official, the daft feckers!

Me neither......and i am sure it would have been shouted from the roof tops....or at least headlining the sporting press.... :whistling:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

graham thtas nothing penning lots of books cause genuine guys who poach hunt havent got the time or inclanation cause well what they going to [bANNED TEXT] about there life for to get nabbed , and yes ill always remember it was alrite on the nite that was funny, and documentries well thats an acheivment but pale significance to some of the ole time hunters i meet in the usa every year , he was whats he was like simliar writer s but nothing specail , in the real world graham , the books are ideal for young members but not for people at the game , he will probalygo down asgreatest sports write but not the best indavidule book read harold wymans book , the great game ,not some silly book like merle or dairy of a hunter youll see what lifes about

post-26953-1229191819_thumb.jpg

Not in his league

its just stuff taken from other writers, how many people does he quote in that book.

im a fan of his stories, trogg, nathan etc, but some of its bollocks.

Everyone has to quote/ learn from others, the reason the book quotes others was in disagreement, that was the whole point of the book, its he’s life’s work.

BBB i agree, but fairs fair, to say the bloke never hunted much he certainly must have had a good imagination to keep filling the books. And, lets be honest, his books were nearly all writing and not so many pictures so he must have done a serious amount of words per book.....JD

I remember reading "The Complete Lurcher" as a youngster when it first came out. I had been told that there was a whole chapter designated to "Deer".

Well i could hardly contain my enthusiasm as i flicked through to the relevent page and started reading. I was disapointed , even as a youngster, when there was very little information within it........And I'm not saying that because i write the odd book here and there, i would say that no matter what.......JD

i enjoyed some of his books ,shame we never see any pictures of the 300/400/500 rats caught at hancocks farm, because they always had cameras to take pictures of the terrier jumping for rat /live catching etc etc you would of thought that there would of been just one occasion when they would have photograghed the final tally, but know, not once in all them thursday night hunts he had :laugh::laugh:

i enjoyed some of his books ,shame we never see any pictures of the 300/400/500 rats caught at hancocks farm, because they always had cameras to take pictures of the terrier jumping for rat /live catching etc etc you would of thought that there would of been just one occasion when they would have photograghed the final tally, but know, not once in all them thursday night hunts he had :laugh::laugh:

Dairy of a hunter Omega- there are photos a plenty

Dairy of a hunter Omega- there are photos a plenty

not of the great hauls they supposed to of had , ive got both them books never seen a picture yet of anything apart from a few rats