Gas rams.

Guest air gunner

i got a gas ram in my gamo hunter 440, it is quieter , less recoil and most say i like it (also easy fitted). only problem is if u are used to the kick of a springer it is a strange feeling when u change over, lots of practice will sort that out.

if i every change will get another gas ram.

sean

Guest air gunner

thought they were too good to be true! I bet the seals are liable to be break in the same time if not less than a standard spring. :wallbash: . unless anyone knows otherwise? how long do they last with regular use (the seals)?

Edited by air gunner
thought they were too good to be true! I bet the seals are liable to be break in the same time if not less than a standard spring. :wallbash: . unless anyone knows otherwise? how long do they last with regular use (the seals)?

Never heard problems your describing

Gas rams are like Marmite. You'll either love it or hate it.

Personally I didn't get on with it and I wouldn't buy/fit another. The recoil was too sharp for me. Nothing wrong with the build quality but it's marketed as being hassle free as springs lose power from day one. Yep springs do lose power but having one replaced is hardly a wallet busting event and I have yet to meet someone that's worn one out from weekly shooting.

DonnyC is the man to ask. It'll be an inexpensive tune for your gun but you'll only be able to decide whether it was the right choice after you've fitted one.

as the description says what are the pros and cons of a gas ram. it is cheaper to fit a gas ram to my bsa supersport rather than a spring. but what does it envolve. do you have to cock the rifle etc?

hi mate.

come and joint our forum.the boss is the man behind these not theoben.

a gas ram will be cheaper in the long run as it will never break like a spring.

gas ram provides less recoil and a quicker lock time"basicly pellets left the barrell before you can knock it off target".

i have seen gas rams that have been used for 7+ years with no service so yes in the long run the gas ram is the way to go :gunsmilie:

All this info is slowly making gas rams seem the only option i dont see any draw backs! no recoil no power reduction easy to fit cheaper than springs quieter! bring on the gas ram :notworthy:

there is recoil.its quicker though and more of a thud then a arm breaking crunch lol.

there is no drawbacks.in 10 years time when you have been threw 20 springs youl wish you had just bought the gas ram.honestly it is so much better.

can be left cocked for long periods with no worries of losing power or spring breaking.

to finish off my last post.

just the same as changing a spring mate.not hard at all but be care full removing the spring thats already in your gun as it pops out due to being under pressure.

another bonus is chamber bubbling from broke springs which shows on the action of your rifle.

i can only say this if your spring goes then get a gas ram youl never turn back.

they sound pretty ace! fit and forget is just what i want. they dont ruin seals etc i might just buy one :D

come to our forum and im sure the boss will entertain you or go into our main website by clicking the awt silencer at the top of the page.

think we have them at 57 quid for your gun.not to sure.

heres link

http://awt-silencers.co.uk/AWT-Forum/YaBB.pl

forum will be updated soon too

ps before you ask nope theoben didnt design them and they are deerer off theoben.

our boss is the man behind them

Edited by j.stuart
they sound pretty ace! fit and forget is just what i want. they dont ruin seals etc i might just buy one :D

come to our forum and im sure the boss will entertain you or go into our main website by clicking the awt silencer at the top of the page.

think we have them at 57 quid for your gun.not to sure.

heres link

http://awt-silencers.co.uk/AWT-Forum/YaBB.pl

forum will be updated soon too

ps before you ask nope theoben didnt design them and they are deerer off theoben.

our boss is the man behind them

That site is out of date most items no longer available

I`ve tryed a few rifles with gas rams in and i would`nt thank you for one

give tony a call at sandwell field sports 0121 5202000 he will do you a spring

and seal for a lot less than a gas ram will cost and his springs are very good

cheers stu

I`ve tryed a few rifles with gas rams in and i would`nt thank you for one

give tony a call at sandwell field sports 0121 5202000 he will do you a spring

and seal for a lot less than a gas ram will cost and his springs are very good

cheers stu

well i have used 2 & would not have a spring gun ever again with out a gas ram in it. so just like has allready been sead you must ever like them or not. i had to change my spring in my webly excell 2 or 3 times a year couse the plastic thing in the spring use to break every 3 or 4 month so it was not cheaper & my mate f*cked it after 2 year.so over its life it will save you money but when you buy it is will cost a bit more. :thumbs: