Lightforce 170

Surprise, Surprise, something is up!

I have a new bulb in it, but I noticed before the old bulb broke, that the beam was dim.

Having replaced the bulb it is the same. The battery is fully charged (according to the charger) :yes:

Now I've noticed that the beam is intermittent. It will stay on for a while, then go off, and return in a few seconds. :no:

I've no idea why it is like it, any ideas folks? :hmm: :hmm:

battery is goosed, or its got damp inside

Surprise, Surprise, something is up!

I have a new bulb in it, but I noticed before the old bulb broke, that the beam was dim.

Having replaced the bulb it is the same. The battery is fully charged (according to the charger) :yes:

Now I've noticed that the beam is intermittent. It will stay on for a while, then go off, and return in a few seconds. :no:

I've no idea why it is like it, any ideas folks? :hmm: :hmm:

battery is goosed, or its got damp inside

Thats more than likely what it was :yes:

I have since re-wired it, its going direct from the (different) battery and is much better. :yes:

Thanks for the ideas folks

This is how it is at the moment John.

The short length of wire that connected the battery to a cigar lighter connection has new Spade connectors.

From the Cigar plug to the Lamp is the same, I've not touched that.

Instead of going through a fuse to the battery, the spade connectors now go straight onto the battery.

So they can be moved for charging easily enough and I can still use the Cigar Lighter connection to quickly detach the lamp out in the field if needs be.

SS :thumbs: