Lightforce 170

Surprise, Surprise, something is up!

I have a new bulb in it, but I noticed before the old bulb broke, that the beam was dim.

Having replaced the bulb it is the same. The battery is fully charged (according to the charger) :yes:

Now I've noticed that the beam is intermittent. It will stay on for a while, then go off, and return in a few seconds. :no:

I've no idea why it is like it, any ideas folks? :hmm: :hmm:

Guest JohnGalway

Has to be wiring :yes:

Let me take a stab that it's not blinking on and off but going off, you fiddle with it for a while, it comes back on and goes off again later?

What switch have you got on the lamp? They're often an offender.

It seems it is a combination of all of your ideas :blink:

I don't know if its possible to take caseing apart, but if you can just have a look insideand see, might just be a wire that has sliped loose.

Either that or the battery is knackerd

:thumbs:

I looked inside the lamp housing and all seems to be OK. No Loose wires, no reaction on the lamp when the connections were moved.

Has to be wiring :yes:

Let me take a stab that it's not blinking on and off but going off, you fiddle with it for a while, it comes back on and goes off again later?

What switch have you got on the lamp? They're often an offender.

You are right John :yes: Its a fixed power lamp John, with a connection from the battery pack via the Male/Female plug and a Cigar lighter.

Is it "A" battery, or a battery "pack" ??.....always worth checking the battery "pack" connections if it is! :thumbs:

Its a belt battery pack Deker, I took all of the connections from the batteries off, looked at them, and replaced them on the terminals. (See Below)

What sort of connection are you running ?

Cigar Plug/Male-Female Jacks to a Belt Battery pack.

Sounds like a fuse holder fault?? check the plastic fuse holder on the wires that connect to your battery :victory:

I checked the plastic fuse holder, and there is a small part, close to the terminal(inside the holder) which has began to melt, the same on the other, its very small and underneath (if that makes sense) so you cant see it unless it is removed. They need replacing, one has been replaced already, and also one of the fuses has begun to melt, so a new one there.

Any ideas now folks?

Thanks for the suggestions :D:yes:

SS :thumbs:

Guest JohnGalway

Ditch anything non essential. For me that includes fuses and their poxy holders! My cable is this.. eye connections to the battery/cabling/switch/cabling/lamp. That's it, nothing more, no faults, no surges, no fires (yet LOL). I never leave it connected to a battery and unattended.

Well John,

I've got rid of the fuse housings (with much glee :D ) And wired them straight. So now I have, Battery wired direct, then pack connected to lamp via Jack Plug.

It worked when I tried it, although it is still dim, so I don't know if the battery hasn't been charging due to the dodgy fuses, so its on charge now.

If it becomes brighter when charged, then it should be sorted. :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

Guest JohnGalway

You don't have the dimmer control turned down by any chance do you :whistling:

I never experienced a dim bulb of the same wattage as the one it replaced, be interesting to find out why that is. What watt bulb and did you get the right kind or a knock off?

Sorry if teaching you to suck eggs but Just check That it is the correct voltage bulb. I had exactly the same problem with a light of mine put an identical looking bulb in and it was not quite the same spec and everything was too bright!!!

CBW