What the best ON/OFF Road??

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky how comes you've gone over to a Forester from Legacy's mate ?

The forester has that little bit more "Grunt" for pulling his fringe around!!!

lol...not suitable for you d arsey with that airbag piercer you call a nose.... :D

had subarus 20 years ago great motors for driveing stubbles and were god on other stuff with decent off road tyres , but my litle diahtsu is good to but for road and of road but not to heavy subaru hands down just not to great on ground clearance had two last one got rid of in 98 ,a great car the old estate and you could slip the dogs out back door as there four doors caught a [bANNED TEXT] load of game with them , ,mines was a legacy estate , had some good times up the river and running big stubble parks with them ,sssspare parts were pricy at times , the 2 8 diahtsu is good and can go a bit on the road but no subaru im afraid and realy if you need something chunkier than a subaru or diahtsu to hunt feching walk as if you aint got permiss youll have a bit explaining to do,

toyota landcruiser,on the land there unbelieveble for there size awesome moter :thumbs:

carnt beet a rangi for abit of space and comfort if your looking for good fuel consumption, landcruisers just too heavy been out in them like them wouldnt have one :thumbdown:

just saved them links for them subru parts. if i was to get a subru aND give it a lift are they capable or will i be gettitng towed out every night. im currently driving a hilux 3" lift mud tyres, but does nothing but sink. i can only afford one motor for familly and dogs am i makink the right choice with a subru. ive been offered a trange rover petrol v8 75 k on clock but auto which puts me off its on a r reg he wants 1000 sterling. if it wasnt auto id be interested if i could get an lpg confersion for a good price. what do you thinks best for me. p.s if i get stuck ive lost my motor.

what would you folks say was the best 4 x 4 for both on and off road, taking into consideration fuel consumption, road performance and off roading capabilities? i am running an 04 plate td4 freelander and i must say that it has gave me no problems as of yet, but gettin a bit bored of it.

freelander the wurst land rover built.....u carnt go wrong with a 300tdi 90 dont go for anything bigger as they get banked easily ..no problems with rust on the shell as there alley watch out for rotten bulk heads

suzuki sj,s are a bit chokey if u dont get a snorkel they chok e as being petrol they dont like water but sum can be great if you get the right 1

depending on how hard u are goin off road all depends on the vehicle ive had various 4x4,s panda 4x4 landy 80 lada cosack 2suzuki sj ..1 vitara toyota hilux 2.5td all in all ide say a 90

but its up to what you need it 4

Edited by thomps125