tikka t3 2506 vs hare

kiwi

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: for the record book, this is new zealand, coursing hares is not done alot here, why bother when gun ownership is so easy ;) three hares can eat as much as a sheep so they get the bullet when the farmers needs them thinned out a bit.

the shot was perfectly safe lewismac, it is a 2506 not a lite .22 cal and the cattle are used to it ;)

i'll get the range next time with a range finder as i counted 300 paces when i inspected the carnage, i shot a bunny at half the distance which had very little damage til i kicked it over and the bits fell out....goo shot av if ya wanna see it :blink:

thats not sport,why dont you just put a target up?

its called pest control and why make it sporting we have guns to kill animals not to give them a chance and possibly injure them and cause suffering

the less chance they have of living the better i say when it comes to guns a dog or hawk is a diffrent matter keep silly comments to ureself

btw good shot mate

:blink: for the record book, this is new zealand, coursing hares is not done alot here, why bother when gun ownership is so easy ;) three hares can eat as much as a sheep so they get the bullet when the farmers needs them thinned out a bit.

the shot was perfectly safe lewismac, it is a 2506 not a lite .22 cal and the cattle are used to it ;)

i'll get the range next time with a range finder as i counted 300 paces when i inspected the carnage, i shot a bunny at half the distance which had very little damage til i kicked it over and the bits fell out....goo shot av if ya wanna see it :blink:

its called pest control and why make it sporting we have guns to kill animals not to give them a chance and possibly injure them and cause suffering

the less chance they have of living the better i say when it comes to guns a dog or hawk is a diffrent matter keep silly comments to ureself

btw good shot mate

when you got tidy dogs wuss they don't injure and cause suffering

with a gun Ive seen loads getting away injured

so think before you ad your silly comments :tongue2:

Edited by woods

Listen lads keep the crap talk to one side there skill in both hunting with gun and dog, It's silly comments like the above that ruin a perfectly good forum......

keep it civil so we can all benifit form the site.....thats all i'm saying i'm not on any side here...... :whistling: SS

Hi yes that was a very good shot but it was NOT safe as you should know as you call your self a professional any bullet no matter what calibre can be deflected by stones wire fenceing twigs etc, it is not safe shooting beside any animal you are NOT trying to kill

You'd think there weren't enough Hares to go around. Pest Control is Pest Control. No Sport involved.

And I'd be perfectly happy with taking a shot like that. Any calibre can ricochet, a .22LR bouncing off a rock will kill an Ostrich half a mile away. How do I know? Know the chap it happened to.

I'd like to be able to do that anyway. I don't have the skill in me to take a Hares head at 200 yards without much more practice.

Good Shooting Kiwi, Keep it up Pal.

SS :thumbs:

GUYS for gods sake you are all teaching new shooter's its ok for them to try shot's like that thats how shooting gets a bad name and you are giveing anti shooting campainer's the videos to say shooter's are takeing dangerous shots it does not matter to them that the shot was a clean kill, please think before posting videos like that its your sport your messing with :(

it's only dangerous in your minds eye mate.

you might think it looks bad but for any one thats done a bit of shooting it's just a headshot hare at the end of the day.

the wind was not an issue, as stated it was a 2506, well known for it's ability to handle wind better than a 22 cal.

the back stop was soft black sand and as clearly seen the angle was huge.

the shot was taken off the front porch of our beach bach and is part of the farm pest control programme, meaning you take the shots as they present themselves.

we shoot plenty of feral cats along the same stretch of sandunes so it was hardly a one off experience.

i suggest you avoid looking at any more video clips from new zealand, i'm sure the site of some guy hanging out of a chopper headshooting deer and goats will totally confuse your veiw of sport and pest control.

it's only dangerous in your minds eye mate.

you might think it looks bad but for any one thats done a bit of shooting it's just a headshot hare at the end of the day.

the wind was not an issue, as stated it was a 2506, well known for it's ability to handle wind better than a 22 cal.

the back stop was soft black sand and as clearly seen the angle was huge.

the shot was taken off the front porch of our beach bach and is part of the farm pest control programme, meaning you take the shots as they present themselves.

we shoot plenty of feral cats along the same stretch of sandunes so it was hardly a one off experience.

i suggest you avoid looking at any more video clips from new zealand, i'm sure the site of some guy hanging out of a chopper headshooting deer and goats will totally confuse your veiw of sport and pest control.

Indeed :thumbs: