Sign in to follow this  
kiwi

tikka t3 2506 vs hare

Guest mickyrich

how can anyone call that sport i'd sooner see a dog behind atleast then the hare has some chance :hmm:

i was expecting it to blow to pices and turn inside out like when you get a rabbit with a 223 it just fell over and kicked a little

how can anyone call that sport i'd sooner see a dog behind atleast then the hare has some chance :hmm:

Wasn't it comments like this and the ensuing slagging that nearly got the site pulled.

Nice shot Kiwi :victory:

been mucking around with my new cam and thought i'd check the zero on the rifle :angel:

th_harevid2.jpg

Good shot ! what range did you take that at? I do appreciate good fieldcraft but there is no doubt about it, that is great marksmanship and a lovely looking bit of land you have to shoot over. Well done.

Regards,

Pete.

that was a head shot at 200+ yards by the looks at it..it takes some skill to hit them..i shoot and i run dogs..what talent does a lamper have with a lurcher??? walk into a field with a lamp and watch the bloody dog do all the work!!! then have the dog retreve to hand..its funny how fieldsports are so fragmented :angry::angry::angry:

Its not a waste of a hare.

Nice shot,

But is it just me or does anyone else think its a bit unsafe shooting across what looks like horses in the paddock?

There sounds like a bad cross wind.

The horse on the right- you are missing it by about 10 yards :(

If they are horse's it is a rather unsafe shot.

Edited by lewismac1

Guest JohnGalway

Lol.

Horses don't usually go "mmmmmoooooo". Never found cattle to be bothered by daytime shooting. Horses are a different story, bothered both by lights and shooting. As for the wind, impossible to tell from a video, even light wind will screw up the sound on a cheap micorphone :yes:

:blink: for the record book, this is new zealand, coursing hares is not done alot here, why bother when gun ownership is so easy ;) three hares can eat as much as a sheep so they get the bullet when the farmers needs them thinned out a bit.

the shot was perfectly safe lewismac, it is a 2506 not a lite .22 cal and the cattle are used to it ;)

i'll get the range next time with a range finder as i counted 300 paces when i inspected the carnage, i shot a bunny at half the distance which had very little damage til i kicked it over and the bits fell out....goo shot av if ya wanna see it :blink:

:blink: for the record book, this is new zealand, coursing hares is not done alot here, why bother when gun ownership is so easy ;) three hares can eat as much as a sheep so they get the bullet when the farmers needs them thinned out a bit.

the shot was perfectly safe lewismac, it is a 2506 not a lite .22 cal and the cattle are used to it ;)

i'll get the range next time with a range finder as i counted 300 paces when i inspected the carnage, i shot a bunny at half the distance which had very little damage til i kicked it over and the bits fell out....goo shot av if ya wanna see it :blink:

thats not sport,why dont you just put a target up?