a good chicken for the table

hey all i was just wondering what is the best chickens to keep for the table i know theres a long list so heres a few things id like from the bird .

good flavor

not to fast at growing

and a good hardy bird.

time isnt an issue as it will just be for the odd sunday dinner and soups and meals for a family of three.

so thay dont have to be the biggest of birds.

any help would be great .m

hey all i was just wondering what is the best chickens to keep for the table i know theres a long list so heres a few things id like from the bird .

good flavor

not to fast at growing

and a good hardy bird.

time isnt an issue as it will just be for the odd sunday dinner and soups and meals for a family of three.

so thay dont have to be the biggest of birds.

any help would be great .m

my mate had some french sasso's he said they were nice but if you wasnt in a rush to eat them i suppose you could have a couple of rhode island reds or light sussex you will also get some eggs from these aswell, i'm no expert though.

• 2 weeks later...

cool thanks for that iv got one black rock .as iv only just got them and i dont know the age of them i'll whait till thay start laying before i start to cull.

iv orderd sum light sussex and some ixworth so hopefully have a good mix and my be do sum crosses.m

• 3 weeks later...
cool thanks for that iv got one black rock .as iv only just got them and i dont know the age of them i'll whait till thay start laying before i start to cull.

iv orderd sum light sussex and some ixworth so hopefully have a good mix and my be do sum crosses.m

i,ve got some indian game and there really good eaters crossed with anything! :clapper: