Brno 17 kindly invited me and David up to the Borders yesterday for a bit of a rough shoot.The forecast was to be very cold and it certainly was , I thought we'd gone to the North Pole :shok:

I managed to shoot my 1st woodcock of the season as I walked down the side of a narrow belt of trees :D

post-29-1227463600.jpg

We continued to push out a steep gulley that the sun was shining onto hoping for a few pheasants , there was a few birds in here and we managed to bag a few :clapper:

Then it was lunchtime , a quick sarnie and then we headed for Sandys ground in search of a few snipe :hunter::hunter: I love snipe shooting , my favourite type of rough shooting.

post-29-1227463848.jpg

post-29-1227463898.jpg

We covered some ground searching for snipe and we managed a few , I was very lucky and dropped 3 . :D:D

post-29-1227463898.jpg

It was so cold this afternoon I couldnt feel my fingers but none the less I had a great day and thanks again Brno17 & Sandy for a nice days shooting :clapper::clapper:

post-29-1227463982.jpg

post-29-1227464091.jpg

Edited by FOXHUNTER

you boys are more than welcome anytime its a pleasure to enjoy a day with likeminded sportsman, really enjoyed the craic. christ those snipe were fast on that wind though, too fast for mick anyway i dont think he hit one. :doh: i think we'll have to have a stalk through that gully soon mate and sort those roe out. :yes:

you boys are more than welcome anytime its a pleasure to enjoy a day with likeminded sportsman, really enjoyed the craic. christ those snipe were fast on that wind though, too fast for mick anyway i dont think he hit one. :doh: i think we'll have to have a stalk through that gully soon mate and sort those roe out. :yes:

Let me know when youre available for those roe , Im sure we can thin them out a bit mate :D;)