alternative trout baits

:whistling: ive done a very huge amout of nocturnal trout fishing no need for all the bovril and cheese weve tried all that fair enuogh it does work but you will find the best way is float starkight 2 feet deep just use i nice chunk of bread squeezed around the hook ill try post some old pics ive got up you will see how easy rainbow trout are to get in huge numbers
it wasnt you was it that had a piece in the sun news paper [RAINBOW ROBBERS ]that took 5000 trout from a pond in one night :whistling:dont think it was with a rod and line though. Edited by MY LAW

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5000 in one night :blink: I have carried 150'ish fish single handed and that totally f**ked me :blink:
i know those that done it wished they had not ,geting rid was the worts part dont think they would ever atempt it again ;)just like to add the cheaky feckers also took the electric alarm system as well. Edited by MY LAW
how long did take to catch 150 trout mac?
mackem was just wondering i was down my local water in the summer and found a metal square metal grid conected to a lenth of mettal wire up on to the bank on to a wooden post on to a heavy duty battery the electrial points were coverd with surgical gloves never seen nothing like it before think it was for stunning salmon just wondering if you have sean any thing like it
im thinking of doing some nocturnal trout fishing and need a bait that i can use on course gear as i dont fly fish, plus would i need to pre-bait? the location is a lake in a country park where its fly only and im assuming their all stockies. cheers kiy. :)

Hiya,

Just been reading through this thread, you have mentioned that it's a fly only water and you will be fishing with bait at night, I presume therefore you are planning a poaching trip?

I know a few fishery owners as I am a keen trout fisherman myself, and just reading through the thread it seems that everyone thinks that going on to someones land at night and stealing their property is acceptable?

I wonder if you realise how damaging poaching is to people who are trying to run a business and keep a fishery running? It is after all just theft. I wonder if you would walk in to your local gun shop and fill your bag with their goods and then walk out without paying?

Or would you think it's ok to help yourself to a few lambs from the local farmers field at night? Maybe you are ok with filling your coat with DVD's at your local HMV?

I just feel by the flippant nature of your post that you really don't understand how the countryside economy functions and that your actions have consequences.

Please try and understand that poaching is theft and is damaging to rural businesses who are struggling enough at the minute as it is.

If you object with having to pay for fishing , or you can't afford the price of a ticket then try and find a free water to fish on, there are free stretches of water all over the country, it just takes a bit of time to find them.

Best Regards