pride in the the tools

we were out the other night selecting an ash tree to cut down to make some new pegs for woodgas peg wires ,we felled the tree :ph34r: then cut it down into sections to transfer back to the car 14 bits at 7" ,and some left to pick up ,woodgas made a start on the pegs quartering and the cutting up the quarters to rough shape pegs the shaping them to the right size ,you might say thats a lot of work for something to hold ya snare down :good: ,but as the title says pride in the job

pegcutting2.jpg

pegcutting1.jpg

will get the finished article picture up when i get down to see him ,its just an insight as to what it takes to make these :p:p:p

rob i had to make a few pegs as some one on the site NEVER gave me the pegs he owed me :p have got enough now for the near future :good: we can laugh now but when we dropped that tree we were a bit worried as to which way it would go :lol: but ash makes the best pegs and the trip was well worth it and finding that fox earth was a bounus ;) good hunting all woodga :ph34r:

heres a pic showing what they end up like attached to my peg wires all i need now is those snares filled with rabbits from a certain secret location :good:

100_0107Small.jpg

rob i have 100 for you to play with :p good hunting all woodga :ph34r:

heres a pic showing what they end up like attached to my peg wires all i need now is those snares filled with rabbits from a certain secret location  :good:

100_0107Small.jpg

rob i have 100 for you to play with  :p good hunting all woodga  :ph34r:

I need loads of pegs at the moment,How many can you supply me?

You got a big sack of pegs Woodga.Approx 350,but they where only 6" long which wasnt long enough for you at the time so Moley got them.Recent talks gives me a sneakey feeling you may be changing your peg size to 6" which is ample length for all but the very softest ground... :hunter:

matt split your logs into sections then split them again withyour axe into half incch slices if you have abench saw cut them to width other than that split them with an axe justlike kindling you dont waste much wood and you can get loads of pegs from one 7 inch log approx 75

good hunting all woodga :ph34r:

matt split your logs into sections then split them again withyour axe into half incch slices if you have abench saw cut them to width other than that split them with an axe justlike kindling you dont waste much wood and you can get loads of pegs from one 7 inch log approx 75

good hunting all woodga :ph34r:

• 1 year later...
we were out the other night selecting an ash tree to cut down to make some new pegs for woodgas peg wires ,we felled the tree :ph34r: then cut it down into sections to transfer back to the car 14 bits at 7" ,and some left to pick up ,woodgas made a start on the pegs quartering and the cutting up the quarters to rough shape pegs the shaping them to the right size ,you might say thats a lot of work for something to hold ya snare down :good: ,but as the title says pride in the job

pegcutting2.jpg

pegcutting1.jpg

will get the finished article picture up when i get down to see him ,its just an insight as to what it takes to make these :p:p:p

you lucky b*****d woodga i would kill for that tree old G.W Snareman :diablo:

Ide like to know why you cut that tree down in the dark......I think its a new kind of poaching "tree poaching" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

shhh it was getting darker on a night time it was day light when the tree was cut honest or should i say when the tree was selected :laugh: :whistle: GOOD HUNTING ALL WOODGA :ph34r: