VERY bad news.......

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JohnGalway
I have cattle on two of the larger of my permissions, and often lamp them at night,

Er........that is, you mean the permissions ;)

Not with you DH :no:

LOL

He means you lamp the permissions, that you don't lamp the feckin cattle.

LOL

I bet you're thinking of using that 17magnum and all :tongue2:

I have cattle on two of the larger of my permissions, and often lamp them at night,

Sorry SS didn't think my post was putting myself forward to shoot on your land. Have access to over 20K acres - would not really have time to slip over to Wales.

Actually to most of the forum members lamping means the taking of foxes and rabbits at night with a lamp. In my book looking at something else living is simply 'shining a light on them'.

Just a different word choice I suppose.

Peter

I call that a score draw, 1-1 ,ye've both misunderstood each others posts :yes:

"not with you" as in not understanding what you're talking about - I presume.

You are quite right John - just me being light heartedly mischievous - I should get out more and that is the problem, I have a lady with organic farm pestering me to reduce some of the 40 + red hinds but just today dont fancy sitting in a hedge facing a 25 mile hour wind with a chill factor of 0c

Peter

Calm Down.... Calm Down.... Calm Down all...bottom line is, I will be very surprised if the owner allows shooting to continue on this land...which is a very pleasant and productive piece for rabbit, fox and deer.....so looks like I may have a little free time..... so wether you be in Somerset, Devon, Essex, Gloucestershire, etc, etc (or closer to Berkshire) I'm available to help..... :D:whistling:

Now I am no "rifle" enthusiast, but it sounds to me like a bad combination of.........Long Range is everything........Shooting at eyes..............complete fecking idiot.

A bad combination I think most would agree.

Thankfully, 99% of shooters are very responsable people.............but sadly, as in everything, the ye-ha,s feck it up for every one.

Sorry SS didn't think my post was putting myself forward to shoot on your land. Have access to over 20K acres - would not really have time to slip over to Wales.

Actually to most of the forum members lamping means the taking of foxes and rabbits at night with a lamp. In my book looking at something else living is simply 'shining a light on them'.

Just a different word choice I suppose.

Peter

Misunderstood is about right :yes: I meant by "Not with you DH" that I didn't understand what you meant :yes:

If I was just lamping, to me thats shining a lamp over ground, lamping and shooting something, different matter, maybe its because I don't shoot something on every occasion, blank nights etc :hmm: Just me, I'm not one for conformity, makes sense to me :D Well call it crossed wires :yes: Lamp wires that is :D

Deker,

Sorry to hear that, you never know he may need your services in future, he knows where to call ;)

SS :thumbs:

I agree that it could be poachers, and the crossbow is a hot favourite, what actually killed the beast does need to be determined for the sake of all involved.

The one saving grace is that most farmers I've met are happier to have one trusted gun on thier land than none at all, if no one has shooting rights and the land is not "policed" it can become a free for all. Knowing there may be a guy with a gun about is a fair deterrant. Hope your man can realise that Dekker ;)