8 replies to this topic

#1 rizzini

rizzini

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:55 pm

On average, how much would a 100 bird day cost for pheasant? I'd also like to try walked up partridge but I've not come across any on offer as as yet

Thanks

#2 Gooner

Gooner

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:11 pm

Where i beat the cost is i think £25 per bird that equals £2500.00

#3 Shooter08

Shooter08

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:52 pm

2500 ? fecking hell, id rather just sit and watch for that kinda money lol

#4 rizzini

rizzini

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:39 pm

Divided between the Gun though. I don't wan't hem all to myself LOL

#5 Garypco

Garypco

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:21 pm

it differs up and down the country from shoot to shoot! average is 24-37 quid a bird duck between 14 and 20 a bird....this is normally plus vat too!!!

#6 hily

hily

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:21 pm

i know of a shoot who is offering 60 bird days for £100 per gun includes breakfast

#7 dogs-n-natives

dogs-n-natives

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:27 pm

i know of a shoot who is offering 60 bird days for £100 per gun includes breakfast

Thats excellent value!!

#8 food for free

food for free

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:38 pm

between 14 and 20 pound a bird for pheasant thats the going rate....
Iam paying 250 for a 150 bird day
Thats between 8 guns

Edited by food for free, 26 November 2008 - 07:44 pm.

#9 dicehorn

dicehorn

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:08 pm

On average, how much would a 100 bird day cost for pheasant? I'd also like to try walked up partridge but I've not come across any on offer as as yet

Thanks

There is generally quite a difference in a driven day and a walked up day cost wise.

In my neck of the woods which is festooned with commercial shoots the going rate per bird for driven pheasants can vary from £30 to £50 per bird - however, most probably wont get out of bed to do less than a 250 bird day.

Some small syndicates sell in order to reduce their overall costs, a days shooting for a team of guns shooting anything from 50 to 150 bird days - usually £20 to £30 per bird with the terrain the birds fly over usually dictating costs. Dont forget on even these 'small' days you will need some dosh to tip the keeper at the end of the day - in this area about £10 per 50 birds shot per person shooting.

The walked up day is perhaps the best fun and cheaper as hardly a beater is needed and teams of 4 to 8 guns can enjoy a good good energetic day (if you have the terrain) for as little as £16 per bird. I would say this though, be careful joining a team of walked up shooters - sometimes the old red mist comes down at the sight of a bird lifting out of a hedge which is met with lead coming from all directions. If the team is walking a field of roots or through woodland, it is essential that all walk in a neat line across otherwise someone too far ahead could get more than peppered. All guns emptied when crossing over even the smallest hazard.

In short know who you are going with and ensure that the guy running the day lays out the ground rules before you set off and keeps the lines tidy.

I used to run walked up days for teams of up to 4 people - was always amazed how unfit some young people were - "What - walk up that hill??? I'll never dooo... that!!!"

Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users