More falconry from Mongolia

Incredible footage: thanks for putting that up. I wonder how often the birds are injured by the foxes? Not thier natural quarry. And that one of the eagle carrying the chamoix, or whatever it was: just awesome.

[/quote

I agree that there not quarry but they are natural enemys.In the highlands wild eagles take them all the time.Cubs have been found in there nests.

I agree that there not quarry but they are natural enemys.In the highlands wild eagles take them all the time.Cubs have been found in there nests.

True, food is often scarce up there for them!

I worked in invernesshire/rosshire for two years as a ghillie/stalker, saw eagles on a daily basis, an we even saw one grab a half grown calf by the head and try to take off with it!! It didnt succeed, but was an awesome sight.

Birds do get injuries from foxes. A friend of mine had a I think it was called a Benelis Eagle (a monkey eagle) well any way it baited and was free, then into the veiw came a fox, up in the air it went and bang smashed the fox onto the floor. The fox let out a cry then strugled real hard and the bird let go only to gain height then down it came and bang nailed it again. After a short struggle the fox was free and the bird stayed there. She lost a talon in the exchange but was OK, needless to say heart's were in mouth's.

practically all them "hunts" will have been bagged animals.

:yes: Lots of Bagged wolves flown over there! I've seen some footage of tame a Wolf jumping up the Horse to for protection :no:....

Gutless Falconry in my mind trainning a animal to be Bagged....

Jasper