made me a squirrel trap

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
as far as i know the red squirrel hibernates properly but the grey squirrels just sleep for long periods at a time geting up to forrage evry now and again..hows that triger plate attached to the door?

how was the trigger plate attached to the door after?

as far as i know the red squirrel hibernates properly but the grey squirrels just sleep for long periods at a time geting up to forrage evry now and again..hows that triger plate attached to the door?

the trap has now been modifed and is sprung and completely galvanised, the trigger plate is conected to the door via a thick wire (2mm) which is supported halfway, so when something hits the plate the wire is pulled from under the door and it slams shut. bingo, i ha\ve had a rat in it so it works but i havent seen the squirrel it was designed for in ages

the trap has now been modifed and is sprung and completely galvanised, the trigger plate is conected to the door via a thick wire (2mm) which is supported halfway, so when something hits the plate the wire is pulled from under the door and it slams shut. bingo, i ha\ve had a rat in it so it works but i havent seen the squirrel it was designed for in ages

any photos of the modified trap mate

any photos of the modified trap mate

i will try and remember to take some as well as the ones of me ferrets for that topic lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Lucky bugger. That looks good,I just have to find a metal folder.Have you caught any thing in it yet?

Cheers,

Peter

my sense of priority went out the window a bit as i made it just before the squigs qwent into hibernation :icon_redface:

any chanse u can take a pick of the triger sistom