The weather was glorious yesterday, so me and David went for a walk around his ground .

David had just bought a new .410 so he took it with him to get used to it.

We had some cracking shooting with his terrier pushing the game out of hedgerows.

Jack retrieving a duck from the pond.

post-29-1226850729.jpg

David managed to shoot a fox with his .410 , just as well as the poor critter was in a bad way , it had a broken front leg and was so skinny its back was razor sharp , no flesh on it at all :clapper:

Half time.................

post-29-1226850860.jpg

We then watched the local hunt for a while , they were in full cry . The fox crossed the field in front of us well in front of the hounds , they were about 2 fields back.

We then continued for another little walkabout.

Thanks David , had a great days shooting , cant beat a nice mixed bag :D;)

post-29-1226851030.jpg

mixed bags are great, we had a good day Saturday on our little shambles [we aint organised enough to be a syndicate]: 11 ducks, 23 pheasants, 3 woodies, 1 snipe, 3 woodcock, and 2 rooks...not huge numbers but a good day had by all.

boring pics in the kitchen of a few i've taken home:

IMG_8645.jpg

IMG_8646.jpg

IMG_8649.jpg

game pie is on the menu i think :clapper: :clapper:

Out with a friend near Limerick this week-end. My first time out for the woodcock this year in Ireland. It is early in the season and the birds are tired after the migration so we went out an hour only saturday and same sunday, it was more for the dogs than for ourselves.

On saturday we took the springer spaniel with us. We were looking for birds into deep bushes. I took a clean shot on the first woodcock and almost had a chance to take a second one but the second was not flying high enough to shoot. The dog was a bit too excited and I saw few snipes but never had a chance to take one. We had a good time and were lucky to meet birds anyway.

On Sunday we went up on the hill for the snipes. We took the springer and the labrador together. I missed a good chance on a woodcock... not a difficult shot but the bird surprised me and I took the shot too quickly just before it disappeared. We continued for snipes and the dogs flushed about a dozen altogether. I shot one and missed another. On the way back the labrador flushed 2 mallards on a small lake, I shot the first and didn't try the second because it was quite a long distance.

My friend just missed a pigeon, he wanted me to shoot has he really has the opportunity to shoot everyday.

It was really great and I can't wait to go out again

• 2 weeks later...
The weather was glorious yesterday, so me and David went for a walk around his ground .

David had just bought a new .410 so he took it with him to get used to it.

We had some cracking shooting with his terrier pushing the game out of hedgerows.

Jack retrieving a duck from the pond.

post-29-1226850729.jpg

David managed to shoot a fox with his .410 , just as well as the poor critter was in a bad way , it had a broken front leg and was so skinny its back was razor sharp , no flesh on it at all :clapper:

Half time.................

post-29-1226850860.jpg

We then watched the local hunt for a while , they were in full cry . The fox crossed the field in front of us well in front of the hounds , they were about 2 fields back.

We then continued for another little walkabout.

Thanks David , had a great days shooting , cant beat a nice mixed bag :D;)

post-29-1226851030.jpg

Nice bag, good you put the fox out of its misery. Nice terriers too, it must be quite difficult to shoot small game with a 410 because of its tight pattern so well done :clapper:

Edited by kobidog