what gun for wildfowling

im applying for my fac at the moment including .17hmr rifle and have been thinking about inlcuding fac rated shotguns for the extra cartridge capacity. my dad owns a pond perfect for duck flighting which we have been feeding for a while now and i currently use a 20g beretta for duck flighting. i feel however that i could do with the extra shot or 5 so is it worth getting an fac rated shotgun or do most people find a 3 shot semi-auto is perfectly adequate? regards, jack

im applying for my fac at the moment including .17hmr rifle and have been thinking about inlcuding fac rated shotguns for the extra cartridge capacity. my dad owns a pond perfect for duck flighting which we have been feeding for a while now and i currently use a 20g beretta for duck flighting. i feel however that i could do with the extra shot or 5 so is it worth getting an fac rated shotgun or do most people find a 3 shot semi-auto is perfectly adequate? regards, jack

stick with a 3 shot there is absolutely no need for a 5 shot for shooting ducks on a pond, it would jut be slaughter rather than sport!

stick with a 3 shot there is absolutely no need for a 5 shot for shooting ducks on a pond, it would jut be slaughter rather than sport!

Stick to a 3 shot - a Winchester Super X3 is a really good 3 shot auto that dosn't break the bank (cira. £700 new). You will be lucky to find one second hand cheap as they are holding their money well.

2048428478_08216a68a8_b.jpg

ok thanks for clearing it up. the intent on getting an fac shotgun was originally to use it for pigeon decoying but i thought i might check as to the rules with wildfowling. didnt want to break any laws. im not made of money so i might apply for a variance on my shotgun cert instead. thanks for all the helpful information everyone. regards, jack

ok thanks for clearing it up. the intent on getting an fac shotgun was originally to use it for pigeon decoying but i thought i might check as to the rules with wildfowling. didnt want to break any laws. im not made of money so i might apply for a variance on my shotgun cert instead. thanks for all the helpful information everyone. regards, jack

I don't think its possible to get a variance on your SGC and why would you need one ?

If you want a 3 shot auto you can just go get one ? :hunter: