Mossberg Hushpower 410

I have sent off my SGC application and for christmas my step mum with a SGC and my dad (i live with my mum) wants to get me a new shotgun. If i get my SGC at my mums my step mum will GIVE it to me when im 15 in may. I mainly do a lot of rabbiting and pest around the farms with my mate, and i was speaking to the local gun shop person and he said for rabbit shooting around villages the Mossberg Hushpower 410 will be a good gun, I like this gun and my step mum and dad said they will be happy getting it for me, does anyone source one of these guns if so could you post some pic's and your views on them, Thanks :thumbs:

Edited by whippeter69

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perfect gun for rabbitting, i wouldnt be without mine.

when you are shooting the gun you wont notice any difference between the normal magnums compared to the 3" subs, but the difference will be noticed from far away..

sat10.jpg

great little gun , don,t forget its limitations , for close up work i use 2", for normal rabbiting i use the 3"magnums ,

perfect gun for rabbitting, i wouldnt be without mine.

when you are shooting the gun you wont notice any difference between the normal magnums compared to the 3" subs, but the difference will be noticed from far away..

sat10.jpg

great little gun , don,t forget its limitations , for close up work i use 2", for normal rabbiting i use the 3"magnums ,

good point W, i only use 3" mags which are good out to 30/35 yards...

Hi mate,

I had a Baikal .410 hushpower brilliant little shooter but felt I needed the extra rounds available from the Mozzy. Got the Mozzy, not the quietest of actions (fore-end rattles) but very pointable and a cracking gun. Noticably louder than the Baikal due to the shorter mod but a great shooter for rats, crows and wabbits.

I since chopped it in for the .20g hushpower based on the single barrel Pedretti action. Its shit..... The gun itself is ok but the trigger has a 1 ton pull on it. Bloody hard to pull, and when bringing the pin up on the target, you end up shooting over the top cos the trigger's too hard. I've since reprofiled the mechanism, but its still on the hard side, Give me back me Baikal / Mozzy anytime.

Cracking little guns, ideal for our sort of pest control work around buildings and footpaths, very under rated round.

cheers

Just bought myself an investarm single barrel 12 guage hushpower used with hushpower subsonics i can describe as loud as a spring on an air rifle brilliant gun it surprised me how quiet it is not a great pic off of a phone.

post-20963-1226698701_thumb.jpg

Edited by FLATTOP

Hi whippeter69, I loved it but found shot placement (like any .410) had to be 'bob on' to guarantee a clean kill. I did wound a few birds with it but soon got to grips with it. Didn't bother too much with the 2" fourten shell from eley, found the fourlong shell to be a good compromise between sound suppression and having enough lead in the air.The 3" eley extralong in subsonic was ok but the full speed 3" was a lot better but louder, cant have it all eh?

Did have a tripple whammy with 3 adult crows in 5 seconds without having to reload, so that was a proud moment with the Mozzy.

Got the single barrel .20g pedretti hushpower now for a bit more stopability on feathered pest.

Go out on the quad bike with silenced shotty, rabbits dont invite me back!

Shoot safe, FF