Over in Marlborough today for a Pheasant shoot; now most of you will know this is not my thing...far to artificial for me.

Anyway, a good pal runs his own shoot on 1500 acres close to Savernake Forest and kept asking me (kept asking me for help with pens/repairs/gardening (ha Ha) all year as well)..so I went today>>>>>>

The usual collection of personal number plates and one prick had a personal professional loader ...NOT 2 GUNS, just the one which he would break and then stand there whilst the loader put 2 new cartridges in!!! F*** M*!!!

Now don't get me wrong, I had a very interesting and enjoyable day, met some good people (including one of the England fullbore team who did the South Africa tour..having fun with the shotgun) but it just confirmed why I have no interest in this type of shoot!!

I have no problem with those that enjoy this at all, and I can see why so many of these guys (and one girl) love it, they are so busy working and making money they have no time to get a proper shoot and it is all they can do to find a pre prepared killing field for a few £K a season.

Down to them and NO criticism from me..just not for me...enjoy!!!

Odds are I would do it again though..the grub and the Port were great :yes::thumbs: