gas strut

Guest erb

Guest Corkonian

Didn't they have alot of trouble with their gas ram's failing a few years back? I was caught out over it with a HW90.

I have it replaced now but shooting over a chrony there's a fair spread in fps :angry:

You might be better off getting a new spring for your current gun?

I got webley Xocet xs, carbine one with silincer bonded on, i think they do take a strut ?

I got a ox spring in at the mo and making good power but got real kick in it, does shoot v acurate [bANNED TEXT] i makeing sure with my tecneqe :D

Ime thinking mabie go for the strut to trade in some power for accuracy

OR

Go for a tune and try get it fireing a bit smoother

[bANNED TEXT] ja reckon

personally, i would stick to the spring...buy a tuning kit and go from there...the strut will make the firing cycle much sharper, and although it will be faster, it may take some getting used to....but thats JMHO....the choice is yours :D

Thanks for your thoughts lads, just 2 more qwestions :D

Can you fit a strut ureself or does it need to be done inshop, my understanding is its under alot more presure , must use clamps/jig ?

Scetchy one this, Does a 177 strut in a 22 take the power up over the limit/ make it unreliable ?

cheers erb

the gas strut can be fitted by yourself, just a bit fiddly if you have never doen oit before...see how much your local shop charges you....may be better to pay a few quid

the 177 strut in a 22 will send it well over the limt. this does not mean the performance will improve, just that there is more power... good luck...JD

Guest bigman9722

I have been using springers for years but a while back I defected and fitted a theoben gas strut in my bsa lightning, at the time my mates were all getting it done and swore blind that it was the best thing you could do to a gun..... I disagree.

The only advantage of fitting a gas strut is you can leave your gun cocked while you walk looking for your quarry without worrying about shafting your spring,as all spring gunners will agree it is a pain in the hoop when you have to stop to cock your gun and the little critter decides to move and you miss your kill !

the dis-advantages that I found were as follows:

less accuracy (what is the point in more power when you cant hit anything with it)

more noise (the crak of the pellet leaving the muzzle was a lot more deffinate)

more pellets jamming in the barrel especially cheaper brands.

needless to say I sold it on to some other poor suspecting fool and went back to my good old spring.

bigman9722

weirach hw35 fitted and tuned with ox spring and webley pro moderator 4x40 wa scope :rocker:

Cheers [bANNED TEXT], got any expeience of a HW50, i just striped an re built one new seels etc, [bANNED TEXT] i tryed putting a No 1 ox spring in (witch says is [bANNED TEXT] one) it was too long an wouldnt cok . I ended up taking it back out an had to cut 2 coils of the spring :no: is that normal ?