German wirehaired pointer.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mustwork bitch Taz had a litter today...so i now have my name down for a dog pup...Dam(Tynsil Trondela to Mustwork (TAZ) and sire(Wiggmansburg Geraimt Vom Mustwork (ben). :D !!.

Nice!! you wont be disappointed. Im extremely envious ;)

is 3 year old too late to train a gsp

not as long as the person knows what hes doing sometimes its better to start with an older dog whos done nothing than a younger dog whos been wrecked.... the 3 yr old mustwork let go would have been part or fully trained anyhow....quite often les has stuff hes brought on to sell later...

Mustwork bitch Taz had a litter today...so i now have my name down for a dog pup...Dam(Tynsil Trondela to Mustwork (TAZ) and sire(Wiggmansburg Geraimt Vom Mustwork (ben). :D !!.

You won't be disappointed at all, I know Ben very well ;) and have a bitch sired by him. ATB with the pup, you won't get much better and take any advice Les and Lisa offer.

ATB.

Helpful info on this post, so thanks all for contributing. Another question,,,,, is the GWP the same as a Drathaar?

yes.............the difference is the drahthaar is still heavily controlled in its breeding.

the gwp is not the same as alot of american gwp's.............confused :cry:

• 3 weeks later...

American GWPs are, IMHO, a different breed. Best way I can explain it is that while all GWPs are descended from DDs, no DDs are from GWPs. In the States, GWP owners are part of the AKC and pay $20USD to register the dog. That is the sole requirement for breeding. The DDs in the States are under the FCI, then the VDD, then the VDD-GNA (Group North America) and have the same testing & breeding requirements as in Germany. That was the point of forming the VDD-GNA. Here in the USA, you can find any type of GWP you want: really heavy-bodied wooly types, barely wiry English Pointer types, range into the next state, bootlickers, whatever. Sure, there must be some decent GWPs out there. Not that there isn't some variablility within the German system, just a whole lot less. "Breeding through performance to type" is the VDD motto.

Not trying to start a flame war, these are just my anecdotal experiences and my honest opinion. Cheers!