German wirehaired pointer.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the vizsla has a more birdy working manner and a more positive point, a well bred vizsla is perhaps a better bird dog, with alot more style than a gwp :icon_redface: the gwp is strong on water work, retrieving and game that bites back ;)

there is a huge difference between the gsp and a gwp in working manner, the viszla is closer to the gwp in working than a gsp in my experience.

spot on....altho the mustwork gwp's are alot birdyer than other gwp's ive seen!!

Kiwi and Gary, I don't know if either of you can answer a question like this but I'll post it anyway just in case there's an obvious answer (although unlikely!)

If you had to pick one European breeder of GWP's who would it be? (for working not trialling/showing)

Thank you for your thoughts

Luke.

Kiwi and Gary, I don't know if either of you can answer a question like this but I'll post it anyway just in case there's an obvious answer (although unlikely!)

If you had to pick one European breeder of GWP's who would it be? (for working not trialling/showing)

Luke.

Without question mustwork although im slightly biased i see these dogs work most days theyre a credit to the breed and word amongst the dog world is 110% positive to this affix!!!!

that with the help and advice les and lisa give you wont go wrong!!!

Loved mine and she worked well with the birds for me....can be a bit head strong compared to other pointer breeds...but for working the thicker cover she did well!

HPIM00312028Small29.jpg

shes doing really well adam mate!!! les has her out most days when the going gets tough she's there in the middle pmsl!!!

Luke.

Without question mustwork although im slightly biased i see these dogs work most days theyre a credit to the breed and word amongst the dog world is 110% positive to this affix!!!!

I agree with you there Gary but lets not dismiss the fabulous Wiggmansburg line. Im biased obviously but they are superb, driven and good lookers too. Far to many wooly coated flat footed specimins about and its good these 2 kennels care about the look too as do the germans :notworthy:

Luke.

I agree with you there Gary but lets not dismiss the fabulous Wiggmansburg line. Im biased obviously but they are superb, driven and good lookers too. Far to many wooly coated flat footed specimins about and its good these 2 kennels care about the look too as do the germans :notworthy:

depends on what you mean by eurpean, the german bred stuff would be my first choice.

i think mustwork has alot of wiggmansberg blood which is strong dd lines.

even the slightly wooly gwp's still do what the breed was bred for, this boar didn't care about sika's coat when she was bailing 2 inches from his nose ;)

batch-bunny-boar025.jpg