Sign in to follow this  
stringer

1st Woodcock

Correct,I am not christian :victory: There used to be a beautiful marshy area on the side of a stream,always held woodcock during hard weather,I think I was about 12 or 13,it was with a webley Vulcan Mk1,there was thick snow on the ground,I spotted it because of its beautiful limpid eye,open sights,end of story,beautiful looking bird :thumbs: Lamlash bay was on TV last night,wild looking place :blink:

Correct,I am not christian :victory: There used to be a beautiful marshy area on the side of a stream,always held woodcock during hard weather,I think I was about 12 or 13,it was with a webley Vulcan Mk1,there was thick snow on the ground,I spotted it because of its beautiful limpid eye,open sights,end of story,beautiful looking bird :thumbs: Lamlash bay was on TV last night,wild looking place :blink:

You were a renegade from an early age then M :thumbs:

I didnt get a shotgun till I was 14 Chess,single barrel folding pedretti,otherwise I would have shot it on the ground with that,kids eh,I would never shoot one now though,their russets and browns are absolutely stunning,beautiful birds :victory:

I didnt get a shotgun till I was 14 Chess,single barrel folding pedretti,otherwise I would have shot it on the ground with that,kids eh,I would never shoot one now though,their russets and browns are absolutely stunning,beautiful birds :victory:

to easy! PUSSY! got mine, age, 10, highscore air pistol, crawled under pine trees on belly!

when i got it in my hand i nearly stared crying,it was so beautiful :icon_eek:

i rember my first woodcock i was out with sounder out for pheasant he was on one side of a break and i was on the other

the bird got up two shots and you know the rest of the tail no bird only dust :notworthy:

to easy! PUSSY! got mine, age, 10, highscore air pistol, crawled under pine trees on belly!

I would never shoot one again to be honest,something about them :blink:

I would never shoot one again to be honest,something about them :blink:

They are stunning with that huge liquid eye but its something i do only a couple of times a year. Ive stood by a fire check in a plantation in the Western Isles at dusk and seen them pour out in huge numbers. Once had a party of German guns shooting and there wasnt a sound at all, no gun shots, nothing. Went to see what was happening and asked if they hadnt seen any birds. "No only large bats" came the reply :doh:

I love the woodcock shooting & aim to get at least 1 for my season. There is a few just come in this week saw a few today beating so it must be the start of them. Here is a pic of 3 i got in 1 drive last year at end of season but still no right & left yet.

Picture2376.jpg

Picture2374.jpg.