Mounting a scope and a bipod

are you talking about scope shims burris do them i think they fit most mounts to raise front or rear of scope

I've just ordered some Burris Signature Zee Rings with Pos-Align Offset Inserts, these allow you to change the POI without having to make large adjustments on the turrets, just small ones to fine tune!

There is also an insert with gives you 20 MOA change at 100 Meters! so it sounds like they could be right up your street.

There's a little video explaining how they work on the link below:

Burris Signature Zee Rings

Another plus point is they don't damage/mark your scope!

Hope this helps

J

Id be interested in how these perform. Post when you get them set up and lets us know.

Id be interested in how these perform. Post when you get them set up and lets us know.

I'll keep you posted!

They have been getting some good reviews in the US :D

Reviews Link!

Click on the reviews tab under the picture!

Edited by jonher
  • 3 weeks later...
Jonher just wondering if you've received your order. I ordered the same rings on the 10/11/07 contacted supplier yesterday and was told will not ship till Monday as order had to be processed by international orders.

Hi,

Yes I received my order in about 7 days! Don't know why they have taken so long with you!

When they posted my package I received an email form USPS to say the parcel was collected and this included a tracking number so I could track the parcel!

I'm sure it will turn up soon, maybe they were just waiting on some stock coming in!

Have you tried them yet?

Not had a chance mate, still waiting for the gun permit to come through! going to give the police station a call on Monday. I'm a little bit annoyed to be honest, a friend submitted his a few days after me and he received his on Monday :o

The bases in question are 20 MOA adjustable ones, you can dial them in from 0-20 MOA, as extra sight adjustment so it should be fine at close or longer ranges.

Not sure on them for Tikkas though.

Wherever possible, I would use Weaver bases since the T3 is drilled & tapped for them. Then you can make use of any number of quick-release Weaver rings.

NB, Weaver advice is a general bit, the Zeiss scope clearly needs the 20MOA bases.

you would only need the better mounts if your shooting the zeiss at long range and i mean long.

i set mine up yesterday at 100 yards and sitill have lots of adjustment to get out past 500 yards if needed. but thats not a problem for me as i dont shoot at that range anyway.

Mine is wound almost to max elevation......I am also zeroed at 100yrds and have very little left to play with. (infact, if you look at the pictures in the 'pinned rifles' section at the bottom of page 2 you can see the turret wound right out!!!)

I wonder if it is just different rifles and different mounts?

I have been told I should fit the recommended mounts as I am aparently "not getting the best from my scope" using it wound up close to max!!!

CBW

Edited by cbw
Mine is wound almost to max elevation......I am also zeroed at 100yrds and have very little left to play with. (infact, if you look at the pictures in the 'pinned rifles' section at the bottom of page 2 you can see the turret wound right out!!!)

I wonder if it is just different rifles and different mounts?

I have been told I should fit the recommended mounts as I am aparently "not getting the best from my scope" using it wound up close to max!!!

CBW

i have the hillver rings and bases on mine mate

Jonher just wondering if you've received your order. I ordered the same rings on the 10/11/07 contacted supplier yesterday and was told will not ship till Monday as order had to be processed by international orders.

lxx73

How you getting on with the order, has it been posted/delivered yet?

Got an email yesterday saying the credit card had been refused. I put the order in again and they said it had been refused again then asked me to confirm expiry date on card. They had the incorrect date, unsure why but must have been getting logged incorrectly. All sorted now and its been posted. Hopefully get it sometime next week as im shooting Saturday.

Got an email yesterday saying the credit card had been refused. I put the order in again and they said it had been refused again then asked me to confirm expiry date on card. They had the incorrect date, unsure why but must have been getting logged incorrectly. All sorted now and its been posted. Hopefully get it sometime next week as im shooting Saturday.

Thats good to hear :clapper:

I always get nervous when I place an oder and things don't go smoothly :o

Let me know how you get on with the rings?

Edited by jonher
  • 2 weeks later...
Jonher what bases did you get to fit the rings to? I purchased Burris XTB as advised but the rings aren't getting a secure fit for some reason.

My set up is for a CZ 452 .17HMR so may be different to yours mate. I have a dovetail to weaver rail I purchased from Rimfire Technologies in the US. I then purchased the Burris Signature Zee Rings (Weaver Style) in High (Product Code:420531)

Haven't had a chance to try them out mate as my weapons permit still has not come through :angry:

I'll ping you a message with the results when everything is set up!