Venison Prices

Guest david1976

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mmmmm i thought the price given for venison had gone up a bit ( see v-max post for our area)

sounds like some game dealers still not passing on the rise to you guys!!!

i saw a pack of 500gram red deer cubed cuts in Lidls for £5.49 and they are cheapest going...but all credit to them they had a freezer full o duck breasts n pheasant n goose fillets etc too!!

sauer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
£1.50 per lb with skin still on for roe £25-£35 for a munty

£25-£35 for a munty!!!!!???? In this neck of the woods a muntjack would have to be the size of a f***ing Tiger Tank to fetch much more than a fiver at the game dealer's.

I can't speak for the current roe deer price as the last 2 I've shot went into either my or the keeper's stew pot, but munties bring 50p a kilo. That's skin on, head and feet off, guts out.

£1.50 per lb with skin still on for roe £25-£35 for a munty

£25-£35 for a munty!!!!!???? In this neck of the woods a muntjack would have to be the size of a f***ing Tiger Tank to fetch much more than a fiver at the game dealer's.

I can't speak for the current roe deer price as the last 2 I've shot went into either my or the keeper's stew pot, but munties bring 50p a kilo. That's skin on, head and feet off, guts out.

lol apparentley there meat is VERY popular although he allways asks for me to skin them.

fiver for a beast ..you say roughly 50p a kilo...

its a f*cking disgrace quality o the meat such a lovely beast and you get that!!?!?!?!?! &^*(^&^&&%%^%^!!!!!!!!GRrrrrrrrrrr

thats why i keep everything i shoot.....quality o the meat respect for the beast and im not seeing 500% mark up or whatever for somebody else off o my efforts.

suppose fine me saying that when i shoot enuff only for that but if like some on here shooting big numbers guess you have no choice

still bloody annoying

sauer

fiver for a beast ..you say roughly 50p a kilo...

suppose fine me saying that when i shoot enuff only for that but if like some on here shooting big numbers guess you have no choice

still bloody annoying

sauer

You're preaching to the choir mate. Me and the wife can only eat so much venison, even muntjack. I would have no problem giving quite a bit away as well, but no body wants the hassle of skinning and butchering it for themselves, yet still people expect you to give it away. Aparently the deer commit suicide and then skin and butcher themselves and it takes no effort on my part whatsoever. Once my freezer's full and I've exchanged a few cuts with the chap next door for fresh trout, the only option I'm left with is the game dealer (or "game stealer"), after all, the cull still needs to be carried out.