Venison Prices

Guest david1976

Guest david1976

I was wondering what prices my fellow stalkers are getting for their deer from the game dealers either per lb or per kg.

Was also wondering whether you were getting paid by the hill weight or by the skinned weight.

Looking preferably for roe / red prices.

Cheers.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering what prices my fellow stalkers are getting for their deer from the game dealers either per lb or per kg.

Was also wondering whether you were getting paid by the hill weight or by the skinned weight.

Cheers.

ME LASS DONE SHOPPING ONLINE AT ASDA THE PRICE ON THERE IS OVER £18 A KG. THINK THE EXACT PRICE WAS £18.81 BUT NOT SURE.

Edited by Fieldsporthunter

Cheers.

ME LASS DONE SHOPPING ONLINE AT ASDA THE PRICE ON THERE IS OVER £18 A KG. THINK THE EXACT PRICE WAS £18.81 BUT NOT SURE.

Asda Venison is farmed and the supplier probably gets less than we do!!!

Cheers.

i think my local gamedealer said that red are only worth 80p per lb :thumbs:

Not sure on reds but for roe my mate was getting £2.80kg if you take them to them or £2.20-£2.40kg picked up which is quite good. I have seen wild roe venison £60kg for saddle to buy at its most but mainlly £18-£30 per kg of saddle fillet on sites a total rip off as we dont get that for a whole beast. I keep about 20-30 a year & process them with my bro into burgers/mince/sausages/stew etc & keep saddle for steak.