Some of my Gyps badger hunting

here are some pics of the two gyps I sent to be worked by my friend..

so far they are at 13 badger (North American)& 16+fox (6 dead in the ground by terriers)

Pic from after todays badger hunt, Emma (nuttall,13months, on left), Juice(22months, heavy Arnie bit of nuttall, on right), Juice has taken 90% of the Quarry but Emma is turning on quick with a couple solo foxes and one solo badger under her belt, she is becoming a real fireball..

2005_0704juice00112.jpg

last week,

2005_0622badger0012.jpg

earlier that day, juice with stags on a yote..

2005_0623badger0016.jpg

And one more gyp sent to a different friend, Daisy, arnie/nuttallXgould/isbt, 24months, be glad most of you dont have porcupines where you live :wallbash::censored: ... She is doing good on coons and working on the breaking off of porkies :thumbdown:

Daisywithquills.jpg

ALL QUARRY TAKEN WITHIN THE LAW

Edited by bluecollar

Christian,

Good deal.THose look like some serious dogs.And we "do" have porcupines here haha,jut ask Mojo.Those quills can be deadly especially to a little dog.If your dog is hanging with porcupines,you have a good one

craig

so far they are at 13 badger (North American)& 16+fox (6 dead in the ground by terriers)

Pic from after todays badger hunt, Emma (nuttall,13months, on left), Juice(22months, heavy Arnie bit of nuttall, on right), Juice has taken 90% of the Quarry but Emma is turning on quick with a couple solo foxes and one solo badger under her belt, she is becoming a real fireball..

2005_0704juice00112.jpg

last week,

2005_0622badger0012.jpg

2005_0623badger0016.jpg

And one more gyp sent to a different friend, Daisy, arnie/nuttallXgould/isbt, 24months, be glad most of you dont have porcupines where you live :wallbash::censored: ... She is doing good on coons and working on the breaking off of porkies :thumbdown:

Daisywithquills.jpg

sort the terier out first mate and stop worrying about spoffing thats a disgrace u should be more worried about her than taking pics

sort the terier out first mate and stop worrying about spoffing thats a disgrace u should be more worried about her than taking pics

They are in the process of taking them out when the pic was taken, believe it or not they have taken about 1/4 out already :blink: :blink: ... The pic was taken for me so I would know how bad she was.. so what ever "spoffing" is that is not what was going on.. so thanks for the thought but worry about your own dogs...

no infection but a lot of trauma and they burrow in and will pop out weird places (eyes, noise, mouth, etc.) for a long time. will ruin the dogs joints if they get in them bad over and over..

They are in the process of taking them out when the pic was taken, believe it or not they have taken about 1/4 out already :blink: :blink: ... The pic was taken for me so I would know how bad she was.. so what ever "spoffing" is that is not what was going on.. so thanks for the thought but worry about your own dogs...

no infection but a lot of trauma and they burrow in and will pop out weird places (eyes, noise, mouth, etc.) for a long time. will ruin the dogs joints if they get in them bad over and over..

Just another lad messing up a thread, and a good one too!

For me, its nice to see our British breeds/strains of terriers doing a good job for you over in the states :clapper:

Im going to ask a couple of questions if thats ok, just as im curious.... :D

Are those badgers found 'to ground', if so, do they dig huge deep setts like our own badgers? What size do they make?

Cheers BC, thanks for sharing the pics...........those porkies look a real nightmare!

DnN

For me, its nice to see our British breeds/strains of terriers doing a good job for you over in the states :clapper:

Are those badgers found 'to ground', if so, do they dig huge deep setts like our own badgers? What size do they make?

Cheers BC, thanks for sharing the pics...........those porkies look a real nightmare!

DnN

I DONT REALLY GIVE 2 WHAT U THINK IF IT WAS MY DOG I WOULD BE MORE WORRIED ABOUT SORTING HER OUT RATHER THAN TAKING PICS Edited by stevie g 2005

DnN

I DONT REALLY GIVE 2 WHAT U THINK IF IT WAS MY DOG I WOULD BE MORE WORRIED ABOUT SORTING HER OUT RATHER THAN TAKING PICS

its not your dog so you needn't worry....

im glad you took the pics mate and put them on a thread for us all to share your experiences, keep them coming.

l n l

DnN

Yes they are to ground, they are nomadic and were caught in one of their feeding holes (from digging for gofers)... no most setts are shallow unless you get where they really live and that is not common.. The biggest so far was 40lbs.. They live in sandy soil so digging away is the #1 thing, they can dig 3ft per min....

2005_0704juice00112.jpg

last week,

2005_0622badger0012.jpg

2005_0623badger0016.jpg

Daisywithquills.jpg

nice pics there looks like you have some good sport for your dogs(all within the law)shame we can not have that over here!!!! dame them porkie's spines must hurt!

DnN

I DONT REALLY GIVE 2 WHAT U THINK IF IT WAS MY DOG I WOULD BE MORE WORRIED ABOUT SORTING HER OUT RATHER THAN TAKING PICS

they were sorting her out mate read the thread . exellent pics there mate glad we dont have porkies here :o