Sign in to follow this  
bring on the terriers

fox trap

Don't bother setting it they are a waste of time!!

You'd catch 10x more foxes if you set a couple of good snares up!

• Like 1

I use road kill, especially successful when it has ripened a little. I have caught three in just over a year.

This thread reminds me it's time to set it again.....

Ken

Fox trapping can be frustrating and long winded, sometimes a complete waste of time. Other times they walk straight in.

Types of trap, location, bait, etc etc are no guarantee of a catch, neither is experience, after you have done everything in your power I will be the first to admit there is very commonly still an element of luck.

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker
  • Like 2

My friend owns a sheep farm with a few ducks and foul he built a live bait fox trap he tried every bait there was and in 15 years he only ever court 1 fox [BANNED TEXT] was a rspc release . He's son know as took over and tried duck eggs in stead of fear and feather and court 9 in just over 12 months lol

• Like 1

Cooked chicken carcass but don't put ur bait st back of trap straight away bait up around trap then nest the entrance then a bit more inside each time, let it build up its confidence I've had grass growing in the bottom of my trap before I have eventually caught one before or just but the collarum trap and u will get one sooner I have had 3 in one weekend in the same spot before with a collarum 👍

Atb

Sign in to follow this