• 1 year later...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't to rural fox control, but for the urban one's I find that:-

Felix Cat Food and Sliced pig's liver alway's gives good results. The smeller the better.

Raw chicken carcases and raw chicken breast meat turning green and smelling is a real appetizing hung up by string over the door release pedal works a treat.

post-45910-127256465767_thumb.jpg

Edited by Urban Fox Control London
  • 1 month later...

been told KFC Drum Stick. i used rabbit with fur and a chicken with feathers still on, Let us know how your trapping is going? best of luck. p.s. try and not go near or touch the trap to much as they'll smell you.ALB

• 7 months later...

Rabbits or pheasant that is rotten and full of maggots seems to be what gets the foxes in the trap. Sometimes caught with a few bones and a manky hide where the rabbit carcus has rotted away. The only thing with fish baits and cat food is a higher number of cats caught, and it can effect the numbers of foxes caught.

i have a fox trap,about 6ft long 2ft wide, the trap door is on the side.i have set it out in my feilds and failed to catch anything.i have used different bait but still deosnt work!!any body no whats the best bait for foxes or have any tips for me in setting it!!!

Put a photo up of your set up

I have access to dead chickens fully feathered,I strip the feathers off like a fox kill scattering them in the cage as a lead up to the cacase.works for me every time especially in this cold weather.

post-5621-0-78485700-1296166706_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

hi there iv been trapping foxes for a few years now and iv had a good number to, i think that the key to catching them is to put plenty of bait out i put a rabbit or pheasent in the back one in the middle and one outside the trap doing this gives the fox confidence to enter the trap. once the bait from outside and middle of the trap has been taken it is only a matter of time before you've caught your fox.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

I've had the same trouble mate lost a few chickens to fox set me trap in the field opposite and can't catch a thing sorry I caught one cat I tryd baiting it with pheasant feathered and plucked chicken featherd and plucked I tried cooked chicken lamb bones I tried sausage burgers and dog food and still nothing I'm obviously a very bad trapper