What 4x4 would you go for?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm home wednesday, so I'll be doing the rounds of the dealers in Glasgow over Thursday & Friday, see if I can get a bargain. Toyota & Nissan have the edge if it's a pick up, quite fancy a Jeep, maybe a Pathfinder or a Landcruiser.........! Feck knows!!!

Stevie

Do not forget the bottom falls out of the Navara motor when it does 60,000. Buy a FORD Ranger they are better ang go well in the fields. The 3.0ltr ones are good no superb and give OK MPG. There are some good deals about on Pick ups as the higher tax is slowing the sale of them. Have a look on Autotradrer to see what the average price is. If your spending £12,000 on a vehicle go to a dealer and make sure it has FSH as you don't want any silly bills.. Happy Driving.

Do not forget the bottom falls out of the Navara motor when it does 60,000. Buy a FORD Ranger they are better ang go well in the fields. The 3.0ltr ones are good no superb and give OK MPG. There are some good deals about on Pick ups as the higher tax is slowing the sale of them. Have a look on Autotradrer to see what the average price is. If your spending £12,000 on a vehicle go to a dealer and make sure it has FSH as you don't want any silly bills.. Happy Driving.

If your not doing much off road, Scooby Legacy or Outback could be the motor your looking for.

Check out Thompsons or Autotrader websites for model history, reliability reports, prices etc. Cheers, D.

Thanks lads.... some good input there.

Stevie

bought a new L200 animal last week stevie, leather, sat nav, etc and separate back bit for the dogs, no more hairs everywhere :D

very impressed with it, out of all the pick ups its the most car like to drive, ie doesnt sound like a tactor and has a decent turning circle, i was in the same situation as you in what i was looking for, and im very pleased with it :clapper:

bought a new L200 animal last week stevie, leather, sat nav, etc and separate back bit for the dogs, no more hairs everywhere :D

Good, good..............glad my dog will have somewhere to sleep when I eventually get up there :D:D

Yes, toyota & nissan are up there, I'm just not sure which models, want as good as I can get for the money, it's got to last me a few years.

Stevie

Get a Landcruiser mate, its an absolute no brainer, much better build quality than a Nissan and it wont go wrong all the time like a landy.