ive had 6 d22s only blew 1 up haha and that was superchiped. have a d40 now 06 plate and done just over 50 thou only problem been a uj ceased up.part from that its a dream,,,best pickup by miles for everything all round, evry type of motor has problems.landrovers,toyotas all of them have faults,discoverys and rangerovers are about the worst, a discovery is the the car the rac get called out to the most yet some never have any faults,,at the end of the day you like what you like simple as

post-12153-1225586909_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a D22 on a 51 plate. My local dealer said that it was the last of the proper Nissans before Renault took over. The next model the clutch plate was too small and the new one the engine kicks out too much power. My boss bought one just over a year ago new and hates the thing. Too many niggle probs. Although my old one has been bullet proof I personally would buy a Toyota next. Had one before and couldn't knock it.

I have a D22 or a 02 plate. I have had it now for near on 3 years and touch wood its never missed a beat, gone through all the MOT's no problem too....

Its now covered 104,000 I think and don't take a drop of oil, I would be lost without it to be honest...

It would be a D40 I would replace it with so I would be interested to here what the problems are with them if someone can fill me in?

Jasper

my first D40 57 back axell blew up 2000 miles , spring on back went 5000 mile clutch 6000 mile heater/ aircon broke, satnvav needed new bits, nissan swaped it my replacemet clutch went 2000 miles, engine cut out on motoway twice axel went 5000, nissan replaced it , my third 08 running like a dream touch wood

Sounds familiar my mates d40 on 55 plate has had all of the above as well wouldnt touch one with a barge pole!!!

i think its down to the oil they use ,they say use 5-25 ,it should be more like 15-40 far thicker and better under load

I've got a 54 plate d22 71k miles on the clock. It runs like a dream but am now worried sick about this conrod thing especially when I'm driving the kids around in it. Want to get the bearings changed. Does anyone have any idea how much this will set me back roughly?

i think its down to the oil they use ,they say use 5-25 ,it should be more like 15-40 far thicker and better under load

I've got a 54 plate d22 71k miles on the clock. It runs like a dream but am now worried sick about this conrod thing especially when I'm driving the kids around in it. Want to get the bearings changed. Does anyone have any idea how much this will set me back roughly?

Try the Knackered-Navara website mate, I am sure I saw a guy selling the bearings for £40, dont know about overall cost of fitting etc. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

Try the Knackered-Navara website mate, I am sure I saw a guy selling the bearings for £40, dont know about overall cost of fitting etc. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks Will do Sue X ;)