Deerhunter Montana jacket.

Guest john the baptist

• 4 weeks later...

Pacha are pretty good Donk, to tell the truth nearly all the deerhunter stuff is decent for the money really compared to others.. I'd say for the money its the best allround clothing you will get really... yes theres better but its more money again...

Guest AngelicAcid
Pacha are pretty good Donk, to tell the truth nearly all the deerhunter stuff is decent for the money really compared to others.. I'd say for the money its the best allround clothing you will get really... yes theres better but its more money again...

There was a company going Bankrupt, and I got a Ram jacket for 80 quid, good jacket, well worth the money. I think it ws called the sportsman Gun Shop.

I looked at the montana but it seems to be a very warm jacket with people taking the lining out because it is too warm!

With that in mind i looked at the pacha and thought of it as a rain jacket rather than an all round jacket,i can always put a micro-fleece or fleece on underneath it if it gets too cold. Plus i found the price of £48 much more agreeable,especially to a tight tw@t like me. Hoping its going to come today. ;)

• 1 month later...

Well i finally got my deerhunter 'pacha' had a bit bother getting one in a medium?????

First impressions? Looks and feels a bit flimsy,but im used to wearing waxed cotton barbours.

This 'Deer-tex' that its made out of dosent really look up to the job as far as being thorn and bramble resistant?

Good points?

Well it warm and windproof,and mine dosent have the lining,so thats a good start.

Not sure how waterproof it is as its not rained much when ive beeen out.

Loads of pockets though,i love having loads of pockets to stash all the essentials like tabs,snares,binos,knife etc etc.

Adjustable cuffs,waist and skirt all good,full length zip and storm flap.

Under arm vents to ease the nightmare of sweaty pits.

All in all im impressed with the specifications,just a bit dubious as to how well it will stand upto the knocks and scratches? Time will tell i suppose.

It is a quiet jacket to wear,no swish that you get off goretex or nylon jackets,good for if you need to be quiet ???

post-26717-1236443256.jpg

post-26717-1236443237.jpg

Edited by donk