I have just loaded 50 grain v max bullets with 12.8 grains of lil gun powder for a .22 hornet.

i currently shoot a cz 527 american. Has any one out there had any experence with his type of load and bullet.

I have read that the bullets are not very accurate at his weight in a .22 hornet. Is this true. :blink:

I have just loaded 50 grain v max bullets with 12.8 grains of lil gun powder for a .22 hornet.

i currently shoot a cz 527 american. Has any one out there had any experence with his type of load and bullet.

I have read that the bullets are not very accurate at his weight in a .22 hornet. Is this true. :blink:

I THINK YOU WILL FIND A 40GN BULLET WILL PERFORM BETTER 50GN TO HEAVY WITH ALIGHT POWDER CHARGE

I THINK YOU WILL FIND A 40GN BULLET WILL PERFORM BETTER 50GN TO HEAVY WITH ALIGHT POWDER CHARGE

I have tried 40gn v max and 40gn sierra blitz kings both to great effect. Thanks for your comment. :victory:

I have tried 40gn v max and 40gn sierra blitz kings both to great effect. Thanks for your comment. :victory:

any particular reason you have moved on to 50 grns please.

any particular reason you have moved on to 50 grns please.

My main reason is stopping power. they would only be used inside 100 yds on foxes.

I've found lighter bullets best on charlie, 40grain nosler ballistic tips over 10.5 grain of H110, deadly on them, longest so far 166 yards, dropped on the spot. I did have some 45gn softpoints but found they didn't expand much at all and foxes ran on 45gn HP were better but not a patch on BT's

James

My main reason is stopping power.

i find the hornet case is too small to get the speed you need to make the bt, rounds explode(with 50,s) like they should, you may be best staying with the 40 grns, 12.8 of l/gun behind the 40,s should muller em.

Edited by markbivvy

hi mate i was reading somewhere that 45 grain was the max to use in the hornet because the jacket wouldnt expand properly on the thicker 50 grain bullets like you use in 222,223,22/250

it said they use 45 for the hornet because the jacket on them is thiner and thats what you want if it is to expand ;)