NEW WORKING TERRIER BOOK

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pm'd regarding shipping 2 weeks ago, no reply, please advise of shipping to the US if time allows...

Most people do not bother ordering from the US once they know the postage costs...If you still want to purchase i will except a payment from you via paypal, look forward to your reply, which you can do by PM my friend as it is a bit more discrete.

Regards

Johnny

recieved my book mate read it in 2 days i could not put it down loads of fantastic pics and reminded me of my younger days when i walked everywhere but am too lazy nowadays ha,my only regret is reading it so quick il have to look for another ha.cheers mate job well done.

Over 35 thousand words in two days...Must be a descent book this Breaking Through...

Thankyou.

Just to say well done with the book.I bought it for me and my lad Danny who is 14 and mad on the dogs.Lurchers and terriers that is.He doesnt read much but he read your book in a few nights. I just wish there had been books around when i was a kid like this one to give us some real advice and guidence.

It took us a few years to find a decent bitch with many wasted.I think you were lucky to have started with a couple of good ones.Ive tried to teach my lad to see the reality in dogs and never lie to yourself or you end up with a kennel full of rubbish.Im getting on a bit now but i would like Danny to have a decent strain of terrier and lurcher to enjoy for many years to come.I admire what you are doing with Borders.Its a very sad thing that a dogs good looks can also mean its demise but thats a fact.Perhaps you could breed them ugly to help them stay workers.Anyway good luck with that and the book it was first class.

Had lots of good feedback on the book so thanks to all those that have taken the time to send me a pm...Liked this one so thought i would post it...

Regards

Johnny

• 2 weeks later...

This book is excellent its witout a doubt one of the best terrier books yet and ive read a few ,its full of great pics and your imagination goes right into it as if you are their ,you have done a great job of this book a must for any one whos into hunting with dogs WELL DONE . Had it as a present of my kids for xmas Book no 10 , cant wait for your next one ???? cheers good hunting Neil :clapper:

well done with the book JB it brought back many memories for me, as a kid i used to work the railway embankments and now i think back on all the tunnelling we did i am amazed were still here to tell the tale but i wouldnt have changed it for the world ! ive always had a good life with the dogs ive had my share of heartbreak too but on the whole dogs are my life always have been and always will be. so when the next one coming out its time darcy had a bit of competition

New to this site, been quite for a couple of years, as my lad is playing Pro-Youth Football but used to post in Moochers as "Whippet", nice to be back some of you are good at posting photos an' all.

Just a quick note to say i've just bought your book on Ebay, same user name.

Best Regards

Eddie

Just to say well done with the book.I bought it for me and my lad Danny who is 14 and mad on the dogs.Lurchers and terriers that is.He doesnt read much but he read your book in a few nights. I just wish there had been books around when i was a kid like this one to give us some real advice and guidence.

It took us a few years to find a decent bitch with many wasted.I think you were lucky to have started with a couple of good ones.Ive tried to teach my lad to see the reality in dogs and never lie to yourself or you end up with a kennel full of rubbish.Im getting on a bit now but i would like Danny to have a decent strain of terrier and lurcher to enjoy for many years to come.I admire what you are doing with Borders.Its a very sad thing that a dogs good looks can also mean its demise but thats a fact.Perhaps you could breed them ugly to help them stay workers.Anyway good luck with that and the book it was first class.

Had lots of good feedback on the book so thanks to all those that have taken the time to send me a pm...Liked this one so thought i would post it...

Regards

Johnny

Hi Everyone

Was contacted before Christmas by a young lad called Warren. He lives in Chesterton, Cambridge.

He had been told to get in touch with me so i could get his Border terrier started for him...

To begin with i thought it was a wind up from someone who may know me, but after talking to him for a while it became obvious that he was quite serious in his attempt to get his dog going.

He really did make my day... He kept on calling me Mr as he asked me a hundred and one questions about working terriers.

He told me his farther had no interest in the terriers as he is a running dog man and offered me a nights lamping which made me laugh again. This young lad was as keen as mustard a bit like i was at the age of 13....

I told him that i would send him a book for Christmas as a reward for his courage in picking up the phone in the first place and secondly for his charm.

The book was sent to him as promised BUT has been returned to me via Royal Mail due to not being signed for / collected....

I know its a long shot but if anyone knows of this young chap please tell him to contact me again as i don't want him thinking i never kept my word. Knowing what kids are like today he may have access to the site ... Fingers crossed he gets word of this anyway.

Regards

Johnny

Thanks to all who have posted comments as regards to my book.... Much appreciated.... Thanks

Johnny,

Good book mate,

I realy enjoyed it as i have had sport in some of the very places in your book mate, the Sandies now look like a bomb site they have been dug that many times and the tip next to them still holds a few foxs, Liked the bits on the railway banks as i spent a lot of time banging them out with my Brothers Lurchers and terriers as a kid, and also going out with the local crew on the council call outs........all good fun...

All the best Gary.