NEW WORKING TERRIER BOOK

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments ...As regards to the doorman[bouncing] it consists of a couple of sentences within the book and no more ... The job was a means to an end at the time and put the bread on the table, i did the job along side my daytime shift and so was working 60 hrs most weeks [3 young kids and a house that needed renovation]...Due to the effect that had on my ability to find enough time to work the terriers as often as they should have been. That is the reason why it was mentioned, so please don't let that put you off buying the book.

What makes me tick...Come on you should know the answer to that after just reading the book..Working the dogs...Terriers,lurchers,gundogs...In good company only, may i add.

The book initially when i had completed it was 220 pages long and did go into more detail as regards to some of the things you mention....

However due to the high costs involved in making a book that people will be more than pleased with, i had to reduce it to its current size..That being 174 pages..With not forgetting the 140 plus pics within the book.[ all adds to the cost ]....

The thing that really motivates me [ gets me ticking] today is getting the younger generation involved in the working of dogs as that is where the future of the sport lies in my mind...something i have been doing since i began looking back as the younger lads always seemed to be tagging along with me....

Writing the book has been a very satisfying accomplishment for me and took a great deal of time and effort, but as i said i always knew i would do it one day and hope the younger lads who read it will make a connection within its pages as i to started working the Terriers at an early age....

I am more than happy with the quality and content of the book and remain a responsible and conscientious worker of terriers and long may it continue....

The book to me is the best one i have seen [ read ] as an author of a book i have to say that.. stand by it and always would.... What would be the point of writing about something that is everything to you and not giving it your best shot, you might do that if your agenda was one of financial gain only....But mine was not...I'm no intellectual and that's why the book probably took me so long , but im a quick learner and just wrote the facts down....

The book will make me some money not a vast amount as has already been mentioned...However i see nothing wrong in making money from something you are good at that hurts no one and puts something back into the Working of Terriers/ lurchers...

My life with the dogs continues and i look forward to the coming years and what that may bring in the shape of new challenges and raising the bar for myself...as that's what my life has always been about....

I hope that gives you the answers you never found in the book my friend and gives you and others an insight into the more personal side of my nature without giving the antis to much info that may put my family members in danger....

Regards

Johhny

Hello john i am a new member to the site and i am just flicking through the site before scraping the ice of truck and boxing terriers up! it is very cold so hoping for a good day. I initially was going to ask you if there are any books left! Then read a posting about a mention about doormen i think it was said in good heart but pleased you explained it away like you did! I myself was a doorman for 22 years and it is a thankless task at the best of time

like you the job was only ever a means to an end for me. Anyway might be starting to sound like a rant if you could let me know if there are any left and the price with pp i would appreciate it i am in the north east. Regards Charles.

Thanks for the comments ...As regards to the doorman[bouncing] it consists of a couple of sentences within the book and no more ... The job was a means to an end at the time and put the bread on the table, i did the job along side my daytime shift and so was working 60 hrs most weeks [3 young kids and a house that needed renovation]...Due to the effect that had on my ability to find enough time to work the terriers as often as they should have been. That is the reason why it was mentioned, so please don't let that put you off buying the book.

What makes me tick...Come on you should know the answer to that after just reading the book..Working the dogs...Terriers,lurchers,gundogs...In good company only, may i add.

The book initially when i had completed it was 220 pages long and did go into more detail as regards to some of the things you mention....

However due to the high costs involved in making a book that people will be more than pleased with, i had to reduce it to its current size..That being 174 pages..With not forgetting the 140 plus pics within the book.[ all adds to the cost ]....

The thing that really motivates me [ gets me ticking] today is getting the younger generation involved in the working of dogs as that is where the future of the sport lies in my mind...something i have been doing since i began looking back as the younger lads always seemed to be tagging along with me....

Writing the book has been a very satisfying accomplishment for me and took a great deal of time and effort, but as i said i always knew i would do it one day and hope the younger lads who read it will make a connection within its pages as i to started working the Terriers at an early age....

I am more than happy with the quality and content of the book and remain a responsible and conscientious worker of terriers and long may it continue....

The book to me is the best one i have seen [ read ] as an author of a book i have to say that.. stand by it and always would.... What would be the point of writing about something that is everything to you and not giving it your best shot, you might do that if your agenda was one of financial gain only....But mine was not...I'm no intellectual and that's why the book probably took me so long , but im a quick learner and just wrote the facts down....

The book will make me some money not a vast amount as has already been mentioned...However i see nothing wrong in making money from something you are good at that hurts no one and puts something back into the Working of Terriers/ lurchers...

My life with the dogs continues and i look forward to the coming years and what that may bring in the shape of new challenges and raising the bar for myself...as that's what my life has always been about....

I hope that gives you the answers you never found in the book my friend and gives you and others an insight into the more personal side of my nature without giving the antis to much info that may put my family members in danger....

Regards

Johhny

Hello john i am a new member to the site and i am just flicking through the site before scraping the ice of truck and boxing terriers up! it is very cold so hoping for a good day. I initially was going to ask you if there are any books left! Then read a posting about a mention about doormen i think it was said in good heart but pleased you explained it away like you did! I myself was a doorman for 22 years and it is a thankless task at the best of time

like you the job was only ever a means to an end for me. Anyway might be starting to sound like a rant if you could let me know if there are any left and the price with pp i would appreciate it i am in the north east. Regards Charles.

All details you require are on page one mate...Thanks

Regards

Johnny

• 3 weeks later...

Been up to my neck in work recently as well as trapping a nerve in my elbow while out digging which is effecting my hand at present...Looks like an op is coming my way in the near future....Book sales went well at xmas but have slowed down a bit now....I am however past the half way mark so thats a positive..... All great feedback on the book and meeting new friends because of it, so thats a plus to...

Hope you are all getting out and having some good sport with Hounds, Terriers, Lurchers as another season will be over before you know it.

Regards

Johnny

Book still for sale on ebay with updated pictures as requested....

Loved the book mate,Hows the Border program working out?Can you keep us all informed?

All info regarding the Borders will be in the next book so im afraid youll just have to wait a while longer fellas. :thumbs:

are you saying that members on this forum have to buy your book to find out about your borders, why did you join a hunting site ?, was it just to sell books? or to join in and let other members know of the ups and downs of keeping and working terriers, you could also let the readers of the edrd mag know how your borders are comming on, not having a go but i cant see any reason not to reply clachan,s request about the borders,
Loved the book mate,Hows the Border program working out?Can you keep us all informed?

All info regarding the Borders will be in the next book so im afraid youll just have to wait a while longer fellas. :thumbs:

are you saying that members on this forum have to buy your book to find out about your borders, why did you join a hunting site ?, was it just to sell books? or to join in and let other members know of the ups and downs of keeping and working terriers, you could also let the readers of the edrd mag know how your borders are comming on, not having a go but i cant see any reason not to reply clachan,s request about the borders,

All will be revealed shortly...Thats all im saying....

Maybe the thread should be 'sent' to the for sale section, and the terrier section of the forum can be kept for discussion.
Ive read all the modern books on terriers and lurchers that have been coming out for the last 6or so years although i cant remember when lurcher dog addiction came out. Anyway this one is another cracker and good luck with the next. Its great to see working class blokes writing books about field sports.The youngsters can relate well to them because its in there own world.Well worth the money.Well done.