NEW WORKING TERRIER BOOK

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P&S, sounds to me your gonna have to inclue some 'studley' workers of terriers to keep the gay boys happy, LOL. Gives the title 'breaking through' a different twist!

Shay??? Would the next book be cheaper as I think that has been one of the bones of contention here ?

JOHNNY

many thanks i recieved my copy today via fleebay ! i would like to say that although i have only skimmed through it ,it looks like it will be a classic and will stand alongside the best ! , the packaging was the best ive ever recieved and the whole package is well worth the money !THANK YOU AGAIN !

Read it and WEEP... fat boy... :tongue2:

There is a hell of a lot that can be written by a good number of lads, especially those that have lived for the game all their lives, the hard bit is writing about new things that are either not touched upon or are unique in the sense that nobody or very few people have experienced or heard of them. It is a book that many could have written, Im not taking it away from Mr Bluck for doing it but is after all just a tale of a mans life with dogs. What is your main driving force behind penning another publication JB ?

Writing about things that are not touched upon ??? Things that are unique in the sense that nobody or very few people have experienced or heard of them???

Are we talking about the same subject matter...Mine was a book on Working Terriers not the X files.

You should stop smoking that shit it plays strange tricks with your mind...Not to mention the other stuff....

Reason for writing another book, much the same as the first really...

The photos i have put in the book are the PROOF of what i have achieved as regards to working terriers and lurchers for close on thirty years....

I sit here with a smile on my face knowing that no one will be able to say... HE AINT DONE IT... due to the pics that are contained within the book...

From as far back as i can remember i wanted to write a book on the subject.. as the Working of terriers has and always will mean more to me than money....When you read the book you will find out why.

Giving something back to the sport in the way of giving someone the inspiration to start working terriers or to take it more seriously will be reward enough for me.

Ive tried my hardest to produce something that will be accredited as one of the best if not the best on the subject so i hope it doesn't disappoint.

All books are different some are more reference books like... Terriers and Terriermen by JB a good friend who produced a good book...

Some are more of a novel ,mines different but you'll have to read it to see what you think don't take the word of people who don't like to see others achieve something they cant...CAUSE THEY AINT DONE IT...No matter what their name is.

In the words of D. Harcombe...Great digs,epic rescues and top working terriers-its all there- what a hell of a read.

Johnny is a worthy member of the traditional group of working terriermen and i reccomend that no matter how many books you have read before you should read this one.

I owe you a thanks mate for your negative comments and personal insults as they give me a chance to post something back positive each time you do so.

Why don't you post a few pics of yourself digging to your terriers mate with a few descriptions as to how you got on..How old your working lines are etc as those sorts of posts seem to be in short measure from you...

Instead you come on and mess cus your a messer..Just the type that got the site closed down not so long ago...

I would say you have only come back on the site after a long absence to.... in your words.... Wind My Clock...

Therefore do me a favour and everyone else and go and write a book on clock winding cus its the nearest you will ever get to writing a book on Working Terriers...

That's the last time i respond to your messin so please refrain from posting anymore mess on my topic..As i don't have the time or the inclination for it.

You have hit the nail on the head with Shay P&S.......he is fat, he is a messer and to add to all that, he is ugly as well :tongue2::tongue2:

He is however doing a book.....its called "Can I come along on a Thursday Justin"..........Its a love story :clapper::clapper:

I think any author putting pen to paper on a hunting subject is great... Peoples hunting tales, dogs, etc, its one persons view and experiences and if people want to do this, good on them, if its good people will buy it, if its not they won't...simple. I'd say a big no no, is when you get these nobbers who have done something for 6 month or a year and all of a sudden there the authority on it, now they are real dick turpins... We should be promoting any fieldsports publications... I think if theres going to be a book to own, it will be Glenns when he brings it out, now that will be a book of a lifetime... :D Good hunting!!

Hi John,

Bought the book through your link to Ebay - striaght forward but only recived it yesterday morning, [saturday] - away getting pissed in Perth for Hogmany [us Jock's like a scoop] The book is now read! [sunday].

As for feedback, a very well put together book, capturing your memories and giving the young ones some sort of legacy at least?

With regards the making money, i've no problems with that, nobody HAS to buy it and indeed you'd better start writing "Hairy Potty" novels to make serious cash! A bt sureal in reading someone's book and sending them a message half-an-hour later, bet JK Rowling doesn't do that?

We all have some stories to tell and getting them in print in the modern world is superb and due to the digital age will keep them for history.

I have managed through Dave Harcombe to pay respect to a member of my own family in EDRD and hope to get some more stories published, maybe even manage a book? :sick:

My only critique would have been to hear some of your background other than the doorman or "bouncing" in my world, as others like to read or understand what makes people tick. Your work, your mum's attitude and patience, your kids - Young Tom?

Anyway, well done and long may yer spade be sharp! :notworthy:

Thanks for the comments ...As regards to the doorman[bouncing] it consists of a couple of sentences within the book and no more ... The job was a means to an end at the time and put the bread on the table, i did the job along side my daytime shift and so was working 60 hrs most weeks [3 young kids and a house that needed renovation]...Due to the effect that had on my ability to find enough time to work the terriers as often as they should have been. That is the reason why it was mentioned, so please don't let that put you off buying the book.

What makes me tick...Come on you should know the answer to that after just reading the book..Working the dogs...Terriers,lurchers,gundogs...In good company only, may i add.

The book initially when i had completed it was 220 pages long and did go into more detail as regards to some of the things you mention....

However due to the high costs involved in making a book that people will be more than pleased with, i had to reduce it to its current size..That being 174 pages..With not forgetting the 140 plus pics within the book.[ all adds to the cost ]....

The thing that really motivates me [ gets me ticking] today is getting the younger generation involved in the working of dogs as that is where the future of the sport lies in my mind...something i have been doing since i began looking back as the younger lads always seemed to be tagging along with me....

Writing the book has been a very satisfying accomplishment for me and took a great deal of time and effort, but as i said i always knew i would do it one day and hope the younger lads who read it will make a connection within its pages as i to started working the Terriers at an early age....

I am more than happy with the quality and content of the book and remain a responsible and conscientious worker of terriers and long may it continue....

The book to me is the best one i have seen [ read ] as an author of a book i have to say that.. stand by it and always would.... What would be the point of writing about something that is everything to you and not giving it your best shot, you might do that if your agenda was one of financial gain only....But mine was not...I'm no intellectual and that's why the book probably took me so long , but im a quick learner and just wrote the facts down....

The book will make me some money not a vast amount as has already been mentioned...However i see nothing wrong in making money from something you are good at that hurts no one and puts something back into the Working of Terriers/ lurchers...

My life with the dogs continues and i look forward to the coming years and what that may bring in the shape of new challenges and raising the bar for myself...as that's what my life has always been about....

I hope that gives you the answers you never found in the book my friend and gives you and others an insight into the more personal side of my nature without giving the antis to much info that may put my family members in danger....

Regards

Johhny

got given the book for christmas, and best part fnished it now. tis one good book, i loike the fact you go through your stages of learning and your mistakes as most books just go straight in to the big digs or what not. Good photos in it too, when ever i take my camera out always sem to either have a shite day or forget to get it out of the van.