falcon to the lure

deano

Funny looking pere/saker :whistling:

ha ha the photos my female gos and was ment for my profile photo! but at least its give you all some thing to chuckle at!but no real advise.

you prove that it is a pere/saker ye got and ye will get all the advise ye need from jasp and the others on here. there alot of newbies signed up here and talk the talk but actually know fuk all. no offence!!! they genuine guys with genuine advise when ye get to know em!!!!!

Oh dear deano you obviously dont remember life before the internet when having your leg pulled was all the rage and people could have a giggle at your expense and everyone understood perfectly it was simply silliness. It wasnt you that was being ridiculed, it was the photo not matching the question.. It would have been a lot easier to have returned to your thread and said "Opps f****d up the photo guys n gals anyway has anyone any advice"?

Perhaps you'd like to give a bit more detail on how you've been training the little falcon to turn back to you?

I hope it says that on the A10 :tongue2:

take the piss all you like i shut terry up from kentish falconry and got alot of peopl of the iff pm all the time wanting birds

so keep your wise cracks to your self coz yes it is on the A10 and yes it is genuin and no no one else has it and because ther true imported finninish with no out cross to any other goss

I couldn't give a flying f*** but I tell you one thing chap you come down this way and I will shut your crack up :D

wise cracks aye spar! hahaha. obviously didnt recognize that the bird in thepic is a gos and not a pere/saker aye mate. careful though he'll shut you up. think he should read this.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...showtopic=63296

Oh dear deano you obviously dont remember life before the internet when having your leg pulled was all the rage and people could have a giggle at your expense and everyone understood perfectly it was simply silliness. It wasnt you that was being ridiculed, it was the photo not matching the question.. It would have been a lot easier to have returned to your thread and said "Opps f****d up the photo guys n gals anyway has anyone any advice"?

Perhaps you'd like to give a bit more detail on how you've been training the little falcon to turn back to you?

hi kat thanks for the reply,once she jumped to the fist for food i got her jumping out to the lure.then put her on the creance till she,d come 20m to the fist then 20m to a tossed out lure,but any longer and she hits the lure and trys to make off with it! she,s at 2lb 1oz any lower and she wont let me walk away,just comes to my feet!

hi kat thanks for the reply,once she jumped to the fist for food i got her jumping out to the lure.then put her on the creance till she,d come 20m to the fist then 20m to a tossed out lure,but any longer and she hits the lure and trys to make off with it! she,s at 2lb 1oz any lower and she wont let me walk away,just comes to my feet!

Deano

No need to get any falcon flying to the fist mate! once the birds steps up or jumps to the fist at your aproach start making it to the lure, the Lure will now be used for the recall not the fist! all you'll be doing from then on is picking the bird off the lure so they don't need to ever fly to the fist. nice short calls to the Lure first thrown out for it just a few feet and extended, make in "Slow and Low" with a decent exchange pick up peice, don't spook her!! exchange her to the lure and bag the lure...

extend the distance on the lure to 50 yards or so! when she is coming to to the Lure at that distance straight away start thinking about her first Free maiden flight. As for Falcons cutting over the lure? this is what they do mate expecially Peregrines, they may even come in bind to the lure and attempt to carry but its not a problem at you can ease her down on the lure line, all this will be Ironed out when the bird is loose over time....

try and give her a pass on her first free flight to the lure, twitch it away on her aproach and encourage her to turn by throwing out the lure for her again and Calling or whsitling to get her attention....

Personally before I gave any falcons their first free flight, I liked to see then start off as soon as the lure is shown or swung, they may well take it in the air flicked out for them too at this point, if this is the case I Guarrantee they'll turn when its twitched away in the future....

Hope this helps a bit mate! I've flown a few over the years but not for a while now mainly at Corvids from Pere x Sakers, Gyr x Sakers, and my Favourites Pere x Prairies.........

Jasper

Deano

No need to get any falcon flying to the fist mate! once the birds steps up or jumps to the fist at your aproach start making it to the lure, the Lure will now be used for the recall not the fist! all you'll be doing from then on is picking the bird off the lure so they don't need to ever fly to the fist. nice short calls to the Lure first thrown out for it just a few feet and extended, make in "Slow and Low" with a decent exchange pick up peice, don't spook her!! exchange her to the lure and bag the lure...

extend the distance on the lure to 50 yards or so! when she is coming to to the Lure at that distance straight away start thinking about her first Free maiden flight. As for Falcons cutting over the lure? this is what they do mate expecially Peregrines, they may even come in bind to the lure and attempt to carry but its not a problem at you can ease her down on the lure line, all this will be Ironed out when the bird is loose over time....

try and give her a pass on her first free flight to the lure, twitch it away on her aproach and encourage her to turn by throwing out the lure for her again and Calling or whsitling to get her attention....

Personally before I gave any falcons their first free flight, I liked to see then start off as soon as the lure is shown or swung, they may well take it in the air flicked out for them too at this point, if this is the case I Guarrantee they'll turn when its twitched away in the future....

Hope this helps a bit mate! I've flown a few over the years but not for a while now mainly at Corvids from Pere x Sakers, Gyr x Sakers, and my Favourites Pere x Prairies.........

Jasper

Thank jasper,thats just what i needed to know,will try tomorrow and see how i get on!
.iv no need to read that the peron who wrote it should read it in my personal option

but hay big boys see you all at the falconry fair than you can say it all to my face while i have one of the birds on the fist not batting an eye lid at you

as steady as a harris and not like a fruit bat

what the f**k is that supposed to mean :hmm:. I couldn't give a arse if you read it or not and yep its optional.

its good to here you have a nice steady bird. You may have a hand tame Pterodactyl but who cares mate, its clever stuff if you have and much respect but this forum is now less tollerent to anyone who abuse the system, basically "Bigtime Charlies" who try and f**k it up for everyone else go missing! ISP's and all :yes:......

Jasper

i think ya'l find they were just harmless comments. having a giggle at the wrong photo being uploaded. which deano that started the thread had no problems with and the actual reason for posting the thread in the first place is being dealt with. your the one jumping in head first on ye high horse blabin it. behave yeself!!!!!!!!

DEANO???? ANY HARD FELLING?????????????

i think ya'l find they were just harmless comments. having a giggle at the wrong photo being uploaded. which deano that started the thread had no problems with and the actual reason for posting the thread in the first place is being dealt with. your the one jumping in head first on ye high horse blabin it. behave yeself!!!!!!!!

f*** me,dont know or care whats going on here! just want everyone to know there was no offence taken just a mistake on my part! someone said i had to prove i had a pere/saker,god knows why! why would i ask for advice if i didnt even have the bird??? Any way thank jasper for the help,i flew her to full length of creance yesterday and just twiched the lure away and sheturned back instantly,so today i flew her free 4 longish fligths not very high but on the 4th she landed about 400m away and had to be called back to the lure,so she just needs getting fit now!!! should i fly her every day or do they need a rest, ?thanks deano p.s i took a photo of her today will put it on over the weekend just as proof! ha ha

[f*** me,dont know or care whats going on here! just want everyone to know there was no offence taken just a mistake on my part! someone said i had to prove i had a pere/saker,god knows why! why would i ask for advice if i didnt even have the bird??? Any way thank jasper for the help,i flew her to full length of creance yesterday and just twiched the lure away and sheturned back instantly,so today i flew her free 4 longish fligths not very high but on the 4th she landed about 400m away and had to be called back to the lure,so she just needs getting fit now!!! should i fly her every day or do they need a rest, ?thanks deano p.s i took a photo of her today will put it on over the weekend just as proof! ha ha

Nice one Deano result mate :thumbs:.

I'll be tidying up your thread soon since its been Hijacked to bring it back on track. lets try Keep the insults to pms lads please incudeing Doggingmandumb :whistling:.......

Jasper

hi ive got my first falcon a pere/saker on the creance to the lure and just when i think ill free fly her tomorrow she,ll fly the full length and snach the lure and try to take off with it! any advice on this?

he's a cracker, where did you buy him from

f*** me,dont know or care whats going on here! just want everyone to know there was no offence taken just a mistake on my part! someone said i had to prove i had a pere/saker,god knows why! why would i ask for advice if i didnt even have the bird??? Any way thank jasper for the help,i flew her to full length of creance yesterday and just twiched the lure away and sheturned back instantly,so today i flew her free 4 longish fligths not very high but on the 4th she landed about 400m away and had to be called back to the lure,so she just needs getting fit now!!! should i fly her every day or do they need a rest, ?thanks deano p.s i took a photo of her today will put it on over the weekend just as proof! ha ha

my bad mate it should of said you proved not prove. apoligese to ye. it this laptop its too small

my bad mate it should of said you proved not prove. apoligese to ye. it this laptop its too small

No worries mate got her flying lose now the last few days just up,d her weigth up 1/2 oz to 2lb 1oz and shes going well,i got her from near skipton from a bloke called mike moore,off out with her now so bye for now. deano

Edited by deano