Anyone got racing pigeons

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had them up until a couple of years ago when a change in job and one or two other easons forced me to pack them up

a few pics of my own inbred family based on the old Joe Shore birds

Img0874.jpg

Img0871.jpg

Img0867.jpg

Img0865.jpg

Img0864.jpg

Img0858.jpg

Img0884.jpg

Guest traceyg
yes we have been racing pigeons for a few years now . Son won the young fancier of the year for our region last year.And its looking good for this season . We entered two one loft races but didn't win anything. But we have had some great results ;) ;)

what part of country you from tracey the swol race is great and always good results

if you know of any other ones nearby just put some pics up

sorry only just seen question :blink: :blink: Iam in north Yorkshire will try and get some pics up

• 2 weeks later...

about two months ago we were coming home from ferreting. we found a racing pigeon on the road. he appeared to have a broken wing and he had no tail feathers(it was just all bloody) so we brought him home and kept him in a small shed. meanwhile we contacted racingpigeon.ie. we told them his code on his tag around his ankle but we got no reply! so we kept feeding him and today he's made a full recovery! he lives in the loft in the shed now he can fly properly now and he seems to think that this is his new home so now i guess he's ours unless someone contacts us.

my little brother has racing pigeons...i think we should let the ferrets in and any they don't kill we should shoot

Wankers like this we can do without!!! :chair::chair:

I recently had a little scroat taking a pop at my pigeons from his bedroom window I kicked his backside and his old man when he had a go and held on to the little springer he was using I lost 8 of this years young uns to the little sod

my little brother has racing pigeons...i think we should let the ferrets in and any they don't kill we should shoot

Wankers like this we can do without!!! :chair::chair:

I recently had a little scroat taking a pop at my pigeons from his bedroom window I kicked his backside and his old man when he had a go and held on to the little springer he was using I lost 8 of this years young uns to the little sod

was a joke mate... my little brother started th topic was saying it to wind him up just calm down

i got them 6 years ago ,no more salmon in the local river so had to find some thing to do in the summer ,best thing i ever done ,only prob is i like a chalenge ,so i went for extrem distance and came unstuck ,like every thing in life you have to have the right tools for the job ,and with pigeon racing i soon learnd in this game patents is every thing then it is the best birds for the job ,now i am starting to get some where ,i sent one bird to barcelona this year 752 miles to my loft ,he is a 5 year old ,and he made it home ,not in race time but the morning i went up the loft and saw him it was like winning the loto.unles you are involved in pigeons i dont think you will ever experance how it feels .[probibly like your dog catching a 100 bunnies in one night ]iv never done that only just under half . :thumbs:

• 1 month later...