Anyone got racing pigeons

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have loved to. I used to race Frans Van Widermeersch (Gouden Beer, feathers and Potlood Duivin lines)and Busschaert ( De Kalkoen lines) funnily enough I bought a copy of squills this year for the first time in 15 years or so, I devoured it. I still miss them like mad to this day, but I find that what I learned on how to condition an animal/bird , and more importantly how to hold that condition, is of great use to me these days with my lurchers, same principal, plenty of good food, clean water, clean environment and exercise, plenty of exercise, with dicipline ( for fancier and birds alike). Keeping dogs can be a lot more forgiving when you have a busy schedule and may be late or early seeing to them.I used to race Widowhood. I still miss racing my birds like hell. Sorry for the rant, but I can still sit and watch some of the streeters near where I live exercising first thing in the morning and let the memories flood back. Cheers to all the fanciers, thouroughbreds of the sky.

when i was about 12 or 13 i wrote to alf baker remember him?he sent me a couple of young birds i lost the cock bird but the blue hen mopped up .. she won me a fair bit of pocket money . i had a go with louella snowballs are they still around ..??

Edited by the_stig
If you mean Alf Barker then yes I remember him.Louella stud still going dont know what families they have now as I never purchased from them.

has anybody got any busschaert lines from alan atkinson, tom sherwood and terry callan

If you mean Alf Barker then yes I remember him.Louella stud still going dont know what families they have now as I never purchased from them.

has anybody got any busschaert lines from alan atkinson, tom sherwood and terry callan

Terry Callan from Loftus? best bushearts in UNC belong to B&K Simpson of Skinningrove

nah alf baker londoner i write to colin osman at the racing pigeon mag he sent the letter on to him i got a letter back askin for train station details .. he was a top flyer in them days 70`s ..

hi used to race in the same club as tom sherwood, top flyer, now moved down the south west.

i keep some cattrysse and krauth based birds, and a few bricoux and im now trying a few spangles

bred for me by a top lad in our club who was 2nd open palamos bbc 707 miles some pigeons them

Terry Callan from Loftus? best bushearts in UNC belong to B&K Simpson of Skinningrove

won about a 100+ 1st and 100 odd 2nd with his birds great stuff

if anyone is interested in the swol race please pm me i will happy to share with you the details of the race.

its not a sport no more its a business tomuch money involved best i done was 1st club 1st fed 12 open 18.000 birds going back 10 12 years ago then went inpartnership with someone said they would do this and that and done nothing just put his money in on markin night so kill the lot end of season