Done In The Face

jasper65

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it must be something in the air tony :wallbash: my redtail had a pop at me today,,i called him about 25 feet on the line mist my fist and had the top of my head :boxing: lucky for me i had my flat cap on :D anyway hope your ok mate :drink::thumbs:

I got hit this week as well by my sons redtail.The only trouble is after getting hit in the face quite bad by a female ferruginous hawk a couple of years ago i recon ive lost my nerve as i seem to be a bit nervous of hawks since :icon_redface::icon_redface::icon_redface:

Cheers guys :thumbs:

Reading through these it post reminds how footy my Redtail could be! he was a wolf in sheeps clothing and most of the time was a like a puppy but had his off days like everything I suppose, on these days you needed to be on the boil because he would cut the fist clean over and nail you in the face! I had him bounce off my head on numerouse occasions but he finally did catch me out on the fist hitting me in the face before I managed to get hold of his Jesses. he did me over far better tha then Gos did and took me out big style...

Six stitches in a eye wound and some in my bottom lip I decided to give him a go again, things was great for a few weeks until one day the rain was coming in over the field so I headed back for cover to the woods, there was a ditch surrounding the woods so I slowly clambered down the ditch for cover! I obviousley put my fist a bit close to me face and Bang!! he footed me straight on the cheek, thankfully the jess restrained him but he ended up in a breeding aviary shortly after this. for some reason Redtails have a bit of a reputation for being aggresive? I could tell you some Horror stories I have heard in the past about them :(, thats not to say they're not a quality hunting birds and shouldn't be flown, they're a cracking outstanding bird and perhaps a bit misunderstood :yes:...

Jasper

How ever much BoP's foot you wether it be a scratch or a deep penatrasion it always swells up with pus how ever clean the feet are.

Its better to get it checked out just incase. ;)

Edited by SPAR
you should pin this jasp. let the newbs know what could happen when they buy a bird and dont know what they doing. :black eye: youve done it for years and come a cropper. imagine what someone inexperienced could end up with. :shout:

Hopefully it was a accident mate and she won't do it again but you're right there are some time Bombs waiting to go off with some falconers birds :yes:...

I have seen and heard of some pretty aggresive imprints in the past <expecially the females>. any bird that shows signs of aggresion to the Falconer needs to be carefully managed in the field, the problem is it might not always be the handler who gets nailed by it....

Jasper

unlucky tone just goes to show [bANNED TEXT],my gos hit me same place as yours about two weeks ago....its the weather i think [bANNED TEXT] its so up and down they dont know wether theyre coming or going.....this weather just doesnt halp gauge theyre metabolic rate!!! appetite is all over the place!!!

unlucky tone just goes to show, my gos hit me same place as yours about two weeks ago....its the weather i think its so up and down they dont know wether theyre coming or going.....this weather just doesnt help gauge theyre metabolic rate!!! appetite is all over the place!!!

Its a struggle gary the way the cimate is of late!! I'm hearing and reading some Horror stories with birds that normally respond well but havn't got too much Interest. Its incredible when I was a kid I would have my scarf and Bobble hat on this time of year and now I sit here in a T shirt :blink:...

I know this much if I was taking up another youngster I wouldn't be rushing into a first clutch bird, I would rather weight on for a late youngster the way this weather is over the last few years.....

Jasper

bet it thought it had hit a brick wall :wallbash:

Its funny you say that Trace! I swear there was a echo from the empty chamber when it struck my head :whistling:. I'm now off to take her out over the Landfill site shortly and hopefully get her interests in quarry and not me ;)....

Jasper

Wide brimmed hat for you next time Jasper ;)

Lucky escape :yes:

Its a full faced crash helmet from now on John :laugh:

Jasper

Jesus that looks very sore , hope theres no lasting damage :thumbs:

Just to my pride Kay! I made a mistake and payed in full. it could of been worse but it proves I should always be one step ahead of them in the future and stop f*****g about...

Twice I have been done around the same eye! hopefully they won't be 3rd time lucky hey and nail me proper :thumbs:.....

Jasp

looks norty that jasper, Millit didnt tell me these sky chikens will do that sort of stuff, Ill need danger money next time i go out with genghis

Nice one Leebo :clapper:.

For starters the Paperazi Photographers net a fortune for one good pic! looking at them last pic's mate you've done several so thats 3 figures he owes you already :boogie:. next theres the added Risk of being anywhere within 30 feet of that bird which is worth some seriouse cash too....

I know how that bird of Millets was reared Leebo!! there's still some remains laying in the aviary of people missing in the area ;):laugh: .....

Jasper